Diabetes, Hypertension, Scared (Endo) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Diabetes, Hypertension, Scared (Endo) Diabetes, Hypertension, Scared (Endo)

Unread 11-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Diabetes, Hypertension, Scared (Endo)

Hi, I'm 42 and I'm having a TAH BSO. I was just wondering if anyone else with diabetes and hypertension has had this surgery and how did your recovery go? Oh I also smoke. I'm having this surgery because of heavy bleeding, clots, bad cramping, and Endometriosis which hurts even when I'm not on my period.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Re: Diabetes, Hypertension, Scared

Hi scared11712 -

I am sorry you are dealing with all of this. I am sure we have other diabetic women on this site. Hopefully, one of them will see this post and respond.

We are here to support you and help you through this.

Unread 11-08-2012, 07:35 PM

I have a friend that recently had a hyst. She was diabetic, had high blood pressure, overweight and anemic (plus a smoker). She had the hyst. due to excessive bleeding. She came through surgery fantastic. She is feeling great, better than she has in years. She is losing weight. Diabetes and blood pressure getting better. And, bought a pair of WHITE PANTS - lol. She has been my hystersister mentor and shared much of her experience with me. No complications from surgery.

I have not had my surgery yet so I can't speak of my experience. Although I am overweight, controlled high blood pressure and fatty liver. Hoping once I am not battling Super AF, I can get my life in order and start feeling better to get these issues resolved too.

One step at a time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2012, 07:52 PM

My blood pressure was not well-controlled for a 2007 cyst surgery and kept spiking. Kind of scary, but they put me on something that brought my BP down for a few days. Then never worked again.

Since then, I lost about 20 pounds and finally (after several attempts) found a BP drug that worked for me. Are you taking anything for your BP? My BP was fine during the TAH surgery and during recovery.

I made a very fast recovery after the cyst surgery, and a moderately fast recovery from the TAH BSO. I did have a cellulitis infection and had to take three rounds of antibiotics but I never had to go back to the hospital, Yay!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register