Crying for no good reason! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crying for no good reason! Crying for no good reason!

Unread 01-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Crying for no good reason!

Hi. I'm sitting here thanking God that I have this forum to turn to. I was just sitting on my couch watching a movie and just broke into tears for no reason whatsoever!!! I feel like I'm in severe PMS but I'm on my period that pre stuff should be over with. I guess it's just all the stress, the not knowing it's getting to be too much. I just want it to be over with, I'm tired of hurting and I'm tired of being tired.
I've been dealing with this for 6 weeks now and I don't know if it's going to be over anytime soon. My endo is back, worse than it ever was because I ignored the symptoms, thinking my periods were just getting heavier, I'm cramping all the time now, my back hurts, I'm taking lortab like it was tylenol and now I've got rectal bleeding to go with it. Sometimes it's hard to get it to stop. I've been to the ER twice in severe pain. Only to be told that they would put my name on the cancellation list so if anyone calls to cancel they will call me.
I've been to my dr who got an U/S and then a CT - the radiologist misdiagnosed a pelvic cyst for a neurogenic cyst and sent me to a neurosurgeon, who took three weeks to get back to me and said no it's not attached to your spine - it's behind your ovary it's not neurogenic - you need to see another dr. I finally got an appt with a gyn - who told me that my uterus was attached to my colon so it wasn't prolapsing because of that - who also had the nerve to tell me that I need a hyst - but he wasn't going to do one because I don't have insurance. My county job doesn't offer insurance!!!! So no I don't have it and you can't get it with a pre-existing condition!!! Now I've gotten a letter from my dr's office saying they want to send me to the town's general surgeon - I tried to call his office and find out why I was supposed to see him but trying to get an answer from them is like pulling teeth! I don't need a general surgeon! I've got an appt with a really good gyn on 2/7 and I am just praying that he will do something. I can't work, I'm couch bound most of the time due to all the pain, and it's just all getting to be too much.
What if he takes the same stand??? What if he won't do anything because of my lack of insurance then what??? Am I supposed to just keep living like this and taking pain pills just to get by??? I'm trying to get on emergency TennCare but that could take months to approve - if it gets approved. What am I to do in the mean time?
I am just so frustrated! I know that there are no answers to be given - but just knowing that you all are here to listen truly helps. Thanks for this board and thanks for listening.
Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2005, 05:18 PM

HI TAMMY, I DON'T HAVE ANY INSURANCE EITHER.
I'M ALSO HAVING SURGERY BY A GENERAL SURGEON. HE HAS A REALLY GOOD REPUTATION.

MY HOSPITAL HAS A PROGRAM BASED ON HOW MANYS IN THE HOME &THE INCOME. I QUALIFIED FOR THIS SO, THERE PAYING THE HOSPITAL PART.
I ALSO CALLED THE LOCAL PUBLIC ASSISTANCE OFFICE, AND WAS TOLD THAT I AM ELIGIBLE FOR SOMETHING CALLED A ADULT SPIN-DOWN CARD.

I DON'T KNOW IF YOUR HOSPITAL OR P.A. OFFICE OFFERS ANYTHING LIKE THIS BUT I WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW ,IN CASE YOU WANT TO TRY.

KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS,MY SURGERY IS SCHEDULED FOR FEB.2ND. TAH/BSO
GOOD LUCK, MISSY
Unread 01-23-2005, 07:48 PM

Sounds to me like you have plenty of good reasons to cry. I pray that your health problems get helped and that your insurance problems are fixed. Just hang in there. It has to get better.

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Thank you

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. Sometimes it helps just to say it and get it out into the open. Frustration can build up until you just have to cry it out. I try to be strong but that's not always easy.
This site has been such a blessing to me. I'm becoming addicted to it, everytime I'm down, everytime I have a question I can just come on line and find answers. Thank you so much ladies.
Tammy
Unread 01-23-2005, 10:17 PM

Hey, we are all in the same boat on here. No matter what problems you are having it is a good bet someone on here is going through the same thing. All the sisters are great. I do not know what I would do without this site. I'm sure my family and friends get sick of me going on about my problems. But everyone on here knows what I am going through and completely understand. And if you have any questions, someone on here knows the answer or knows where to find the answer. I, too, am addicted. All I want to do is read the message board. It helps. Knowledge is power. But sometimes ignorance is bliss. lo

Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register