HOme from the castle! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HOme from the castle! HOme from the castle!

Unread 05-18-2006, 02:39 PM
HOme from the castle!

Just wanted to drop a little note that I made it home!! I have to say, things weren't nearly as bad as I had inticipated. I'll wrte more later though, need some sleep before I pass out typing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2006, 03:03 PM
HOme from the castle!

Glad to hear your home, safe and sound. And also that your experience so fr has been better then you thought.
Rest, take things really slow and take care of you!!!
Positive thoughts and vibes your way!!!

(((HUGS)))

Lisa
Unread 05-18-2006, 03:35 PM
HOme from the castle!

welcome home Vega. GLad things went well for you. Get your rest and write more when you can. Sending a gentle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2006, 03:59 PM
HOme from the castle!

home. It's good to hear that you're home and resting. Remember the princess rules: get lots of rest, take short easy walks.

S
Unread 05-18-2006, 04:31 PM
HOme from the castle!

Welcome home ! I'm glad to hear you're home! Take care of yourself and enjoy your pampering!

s, Deb
Unread 05-18-2006, 04:39 PM
HOme from the castle!

yipee!!

yaha!!

woohoo!!

Take care of yourself and write often!!
Unread 05-18-2006, 07:58 PM
HOme from the castle!

Welcome home! I read a lot of your stuff on this board. It is good to know that somebody who I "know" got home and is on the other side!
Rest up and remember that you get this one shot to heal right the first time. Pamper the princess!
Unread 05-18-2006, 08:13 PM
HOme from the castle!

hey ladies, it was better than I thought. Monday was rough after surgery, the morphine made me ill. Once they got me on different pain meds and a stronger anti-nausea med things were MUCH better. Tues I felt wonderful, but of course I was still medicated. That afternoon they got me into the bathroom to wash myself up, and had me walk a bit that evening. Yesterday I walked 3 different times and they started giving me a stool softener.

If I could just go to the bathroom, things would be MUCH better. Any advice on speeding up "the first time"?
Unread 05-18-2006, 08:24 PM
HOme from the castle!

Drinks LOTS of WATER and continue your walking. If at all possible eat foods high in fiber. I used a stool softener, had high fiber bran muffins and drank water along with some different juices (i.e. cranberry/rasberry juice, orange juice, etc.) Walking really helps get your bowels moving. Good luck. The first time I went it was a bit painful, but boy was I relieved when I went! It gets easier as time goes by. Happy to hear your home from the castle! Remember your the Princess and let those around you take care of you - don't think twice about asking for something!!!!!
Continued prayers for a speedy recovery!!!
Unread 05-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Welcome home!!

Glad to hear your home and doing well.

It's very reassuring to know of someone else that's "young for their age" to be having a H. I had been feeling very depressed lately from all the negativity that I have recieved from everyone. Not just because of my age, but for everything else surrounding it. Over the years I've built up pretty thick skin. I almost lost a layer of it these past two weeks, but after reading so many stories, messages, comments, concerns, and so much information from everyone from all over, I haven't smiled or cried more. I have a new pain reliever... hystersisters.com

I hope I speak for everyone, both new and alumni members, when I say from the bottom of my heart, thank you so kindly to everyone for sharing your life You truly are like guardian angels.

Try liquid laxative. You usually have to drink about 4-9 teaspoons of a totally nasty liquid, that they suggest you mix with water or juice. My advice, 5 teaspoons, hold your nose, drink unmentionably disgusting liquid, and chase it with a half a can of your favorite soda.....then grab a pillow, climb in bed and get comfy for a few hours with a good book or movie and get ready to be relieved Another hint: Have a magazine or book ready in case you get bored. After all, you will be confined for awhile.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register