Now what? New pain and symptoms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now what?  New pain and symptoms Now what? New pain and symptoms

Unread 01-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Now what? New pain and symptoms

Hi all. In the interest of keeping this short, I'll stick to the basics. I'm 33 and last year had several polyps removed in April, then an ablation and diagnostic lap in May--no endo was found. The ablation has helped immensely thus far with slowing down the heavy bleeding. In the past few days I've been having pain on my lower right side, very near my hip. It feels like something deep inside is being squeezed, pinched or twisted. I did have sex the first day it started and with deep penetration got a very sharp pain in the same area (sorry if TMI). It has gradually gotten to be more constant rather than intermittent pain. It is not excruciating, but enough to make me wince at times. Today I have been feeling nauseous and headachy, and in the past few hours have been a bit dizzy. I'm not positive that these symptoms have anything to do with the pain. I do not have a fever. Any ideas? My yearly should be in May (haven't set it up yet) and I don't really have the money to be spending on doctors--we spent so much there last year--but not sure what I should do. It is our 10th wedding anniversary in 2 days and I know my husband has plans he's not divulging the details of, I don't want to ruin it! Not sure what I should do. Thanks all for reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Re: Now what? New pain and symptoms

Could be an ovarian cyst?
Unread 01-30-2013, 07:42 PM

Pain that is constant and getting worse might warrant a doctor visit. It could be a fibroid or a cyst that presses on a nerve. Is there any chance of an ectopic pregnancy? You might want to take a pregnancy test to rule it out since it has some potentially serious repercussions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2013, 08:33 PM

An ectopic pregnancy is highly unlikely as my husband had a vasectomy 5 years ago. The dr. looked at my ovaries during my lap which was 5-31-12 and they were fine then, not sure how quickly cysts can develop. I'll be setting up my yearly soon. Am debating whether I want to see the same doctor who performed all my procedures or the one I had previously. It seems it would make sense to see the doctor who had done the surgeries, but I felt put off by her every time I went in, as if she was dismissing everything I said or just not listening. I know that being in pain all the time is not the norm. I started seeing this dr. because my previous gyn was too busy and I needed to get in right away. When I called in March, I was told I wouldn't be able to get in to see her until November. I'm thinking if I set up my appt. now, I should be able to get one for May, but then if she finds something I'll probably be waiting in limbo half the year. Ugh.

The dizziness and nausea are gone thankfully, so that must have been something else. The right side pain and headaches are still here, however. If I move a certain way it's like an electrical jolt. I'm also having ongoing pelvic and back pain. I guess I don't really know if a fibroid or something could form that soon after ablation. Tylenol, ibuprofen, Midol don't do anything for me, just want some relief. Thanks all for reading, sorry so long!
Unread 02-01-2013, 08:36 PM

It may be your appendix.....I had pain like that so I went to the ER......long story short I had appendicitis.
Unread 02-03-2013, 12:00 AM

Went to the er tonight. Cuz I couldn't take it anymore. After about 6 hours there was no diagnosis. They didn't do an ultrasound but took blood and xrays and they were all ok. They're assuming its a cyst. They gave me dilaudid which has really helped with the pain but I'm reakky nauseated wish that would've come about before I left the hospital. Also my nose itches like crazy I had that when I woke up in recovery after both surgeries but it went away pretty quickly, this is driving me nuts. Well at least I know it isn't anything serious thanks all for your help and for listening.
Unread 02-12-2013, 01:19 AM

Have you read stories on here and other sites about post ablation syndrome? You have all the symptoms i have with it, pain on the right side esp and lots of other strange things. It might be good to read about it since most drs dont even know about it. Take care, lori
Unread 02-16-2013, 07:23 PM

Hi Lori, sorry to hear you are having issues after your ablation. I've seen a few posts about post ablation syndrome, but don't know a whole lot about it. I'm vague on the details, it seems many women had a tubal also, are post ablation and post ablation tubal ligation syndrome 2 different things? I have not had a tubal ligation.

What sort of strange symptoms, if you don't mind my asking? I think they may have been right in assuming I had a ruptured cyst, as the intense right side pain is much better now (I wish they would have just done the darn US so they could be certain!), but I do have other symptoms as well. Consistent back and pelvic pain, not terrible pain but always there. Still feeling pain in the right side, nowhere near as bad as before though. I sometimes randomly get excruciating, labor-intensity pain that lasts a few minutes and then goes away. It has happened while walking (taking my kids trick or treating and doubled over on the sidewalk, that was embarrassing, and frightening for my kids) and while sitting. I got my period yesterday and have been miserable for the past 2 days. My period cramps have always sucked and I don't really think they've gotten any worse, but the back pain during my period definitely has. I've also been nauseous and had a terrible headache since I got it this time. I do still bleed on my period, but much less and it's much shorter. My periods do seem to be getting closer together though--in December I got it on Christmas Day and now in February on the 14th. I am going to start keeping a symptom diary to document any issues and cycle lengths to show my dr. I think. I will do some research on post ablation syndrome. I'm a bit hesitant to bring any possibilites up to my dr--last year I mentioned adenomyosis, which I admittedly knew little about but was just throwing it out there as she didn't seem to be offering me much information--and she looked so insulted. I may see a different doctor this time though. Thanks Lori, best wishes to you!
Unread 02-16-2013, 08:27 PM

I didnt have a tubal either. About a year after the ablation i would episodes that lasted about aday that seemed to coincide with when my period would be. I had horrible pains across my abdomen, on my right side ad the my left, sometimes around my back and down my legs. I feel a lot of vaginal pressure like if I just could burst out a bunch of blood it would be better. I get to where even when it's over it hurts to walk or move and I can't eat much for a few days. Sometimes I run a low grade fever. Then it goes away and I just have hints of it for awhile before I have another full blown attack. Lots of women are going thru this too and the only end to it is menopause or a hysterectomy. If you google post ablation syndrome boards, you can read others stories. I wish you the best. Lori
Unread 02-20-2013, 07:58 PM

I am facing a hysterectomy, but was given the option of trying the Mirena device first since they think that I most likely have ademyosis. Has anyone tried the Mirena device or any other progesterone in order to help. I am 47 and am in periomenopause;am wondering if I should try to work push through this for a few more years ~ with the help of the Mirena ~ and hope that the lack of estrogen reduces pain and symptoms both now and after menopause. I so want to make the right decision and feel pressured due to my surgery being scheduled soon. Any advice is welcome!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register