transformation after surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

transformation after surgery transformation after surgery

Unread 12-15-2006, 07:40 AM
transformation after surgery

one of my friends gave me a cd with relaxing piano music. As I was listening I started to cry in relief of knowing all my 20 years of pain is behind me. I didn't realize what an albatross around my neck all that pain was.

I feel like a new person, transformed, a person no longer living with chronic pain. I know it's early in my recovery and I don't know if I'll have issues down the road. But, I'm no longer in any abdominal pain, not even from the surgery.

This is a new beginning for me. I will have more freedom, more availablity to my family and I look forward to getting me strength and health back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2006, 07:47 AM

Way to go! Yeah, it is a relief isn't it? And why did we buy those big old pad in bulk? HUM...vaguely recall I needed them...LOL...I feel that way too...and with me it was getting rid of cancer. Of course, not totally clear by medical standards until 5 years of clear checkups, but everyone says that the recurrence is very unlikely! We do have a new lease on life don't we? ENJOY every minute! WAHOO!!!
Unread 12-15-2006, 04:25 PM

Hooray for You!

I feel as if I'm getting a fresh start at so many things I had forgotten how to truly enjoy while I was in pain and trying to cover up my huge belly and discomfort.

Now I can truly say I wish had made the decision many years earlier. But I'm having a great time now, anyway!

Warmest Regards!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2006, 08:33 AM

Yippee! I know what you mean. I just didn't realize what an unecessary burden I was caring around! I'm almost 4 mos. out and feeling like my old self, no really better! Best wishes for an uneventful recovery. Hugs, Sue
Unread 12-16-2006, 09:58 AM

I had the revelation about a week ago. My mom came to sit with me and she pretty much cried the entire time. I am one of 4 kids and so far it seems as if the top 3 have no interest in kids. My mother is taking my surgery pretty hard facing the possibility of not having grandkids. I was upset and felt guilty until I finally figured out how to put it into words.

I have had 2 failed marriages and both ex's have moved on with children. Infertility killed both marriages. Finally having "closure" to that part of my pain (both physically and emotionally) and "baren-ness" has helped me move beyond the "empty" feeling of become a princess and realize how absolutely wonderful my life will be after recovery.
Unread 12-16-2006, 01:41 PM

Please don't feel guilty about not being able to make your mother a grandmother! We all have value in ourselves, we don't exist to fulfill the expectations of others. If your mother wants to be involved in the lives of children, she should find some volunteer opportunities to do that. I was never able to have kids, had to put up with my MIL giving me a hard time about it until I simply had to tell her to lay off, and now we can be friends again. It's probably harder with mothers, but you know. I am wishing you all good things after your surgery.
Unread 12-16-2006, 06:44 PM

Gfae,
Thanks for kind words. I was so ready to have this surgery for the past 10+ years. It still left me feeling empty right after. It took her visit for me to be able to put it into perspective. I have never felt better emotionally. I now have closure and an inner sence of peace. Bless you for getting on with your MIL! That takes a SAINT in most relationships...lol
Unread 12-17-2006, 03:28 AM

Had it done in 1998, don't have any more feeling.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register