How are you 6 weekers doing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are you 6 weekers doing? How are you 6 weekers doing?

Unread 07-11-2005, 12:04 PM
How are you 6 weekers doing?

Hi There!

Just wonder how all the 6 weekers are doing. I am doing great although my DH has mentioned to me that I have been quite moody lately. Also I'm having to deal with the hot flashes. I will be talking to Dr to see if she can recommend anything herbal for me. I know she want's to give me Premarian (I think) I am not to crazy about the idea of taking anything hormonal as I suffer from horrible migraines and I'm scared this could bring them on. I hope my Dr respects the fact that I want to try something herbal first and then move to plan B if needed. I also noticed that I've been somewhat depressed lately. I suffered from depression about 3 years ago and had been off my medication for awhile. I'm wondering if my surgery has anything to do with it. Well enough about me. How are all the other 6 weekers doing out there! Wishing everyone a speedy recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2005, 12:48 PM

Hey, my DH says I am moody too. According to him, I am always moody anyway. I am feeling fine other than still have a swelly belly. Maybe it is premanate. I go back to work tomorrow and am wondering if I will get tired. I still get tired here at home sometimes. I am on Combipatch and will add Virvelle .05 whenever it gets here. I am looking forward to going back to work, I am bored here. I have had no hot flashes since starting HRT, but I would say I have had cold flashes. I take Lexapro for anxiety. I have been battling depression for some time, on and off. I have read a lot of different emails here and it seems that after the surgery, you can have post-op depression. You need to let your doc know.
Unread 07-11-2005, 07:47 PM

I'm almost to 6 weeks, and physically, things are ok, except some fatigue. My scar looks good considering it is only 6 weeks along, my belly only swells when I really overdo, and my South Beach diet endeavor is progressing nicely. However, I still break into tears at the drop of a hat, and I haven't had a full night's sleep since June 1st. I, too, am concerned about post-menopausal depression, since I have a long history of mood disorders. Sometimes I think I just have a bad case of "what-if-itis," that is, what if I slip back into a deep depression as a result of having my ovaries taken out. I am currently taking Lexapro and it has helped me tremendously. I guess I just need to find a way to stop worrying about stuff that may not even happen.

I'm going back to work the day after tomorrow, and I'm very nervous, since I'm not on HRT yet. I'd hate to sweat all over my patients. Plus the crying thing is still not under control, and I'd hate to embarrass myself in front of my coworkers. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Thanks for listening.

Joanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2005, 07:57 PM

Hi!

I am six weeks as of today and feel great! I am so glad that I finally had this done and with every passing day I get more and more energy to get going! I am bored with sitting around this house and look forward to our up coming vacation! DH phoned home from work today to see if I got the go ahead from the doc today, and for the first time in a real long time I too am looking forward to "resume relations" I hope everyone else is doing great.
Unread 07-11-2005, 07:57 PM

Hi VeggieChef

I'm also almost at 6 wks (LAVH-BSO on June 1). I have my 6 wk appt on Wed and I am supposed to be released to return to work on Thursday. I'm also dreading it, since I'm not on HRT yet, and the hot flashes are going full force now. They really exhaust me after they pass. I am pretty pale and the beet red face will look lovely I'm sure. And the insomnia persists. I thought I could handle these surgical menopause symptoms, but am thinking of asking for the Vivelle Dot on Wed. (Wanted Bi-Est, but I'm sure my dr won't prescribe that.. I have an appt w/another dr who will prescribe it, but not until mid-August.)

My moods are good (all things considered)...I just get weepy after 4 days of a migraine (understandable, I think) and when I think there's no relief in sight - that makes me all misty-eyed. I want to feel good again, back to normal...whatever that is.

I'm hoping the dr will release me back to work only 4 hrs/day til I get this hormone thing under control.

Shoozie
PS: I'm a real master of the "what ifs"
Unread 07-12-2005, 02:11 PM

Girls, I am back to work today for the first time. I feel a lot better. I think I had too much time on my hands to worry and think. I am on Combipatch and Vivelle Dot and it has help with night sweats and hot flashes. I don't understand why some of you are not on HRT. You should call your doc.
Patricia
Unread 07-12-2005, 02:27 PM

Hi Patricia,

Glad to hear your back at work. I cannot take HRT due to endo. However tomorrow I will be talking to my Dr about taking an anti depressent and if she can recommend something otc for the hot flashes. Glad to hear you're doing great
Unread 07-12-2005, 02:31 PM

Hi tx1970

I see my dr tomorrow as well, for my 6 wks post-op appointment.
I'll ask the same question about OTC products for the hot flashes.
Can you please do a reply post (or PM) and let us know if your dr suggests any OTC products?

Thanks,
Shoozie
Unread 07-12-2005, 02:41 PM

Hi Shoozie,

I sure will. I've seen some stuff at the store but was hesitant to buy anything until I talked to my Dr. Good luck at your appointment tommorow!
Unread 07-12-2005, 03:19 PM

I hit 6 weeks yesterday. I have been taking Estrace since day three but still have a few hot sweats. Has anyone else been really swollen and sore high under the ribs? I am really dizzy (confused) lately too. I can hardly focus at work. I keep making stupid mistakes and forget things. Does this happen to anyone else?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register