A diagnosis and a date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A diagnosis and a date A diagnosis and a date

Unread 06-14-2013, 09:01 PM
A diagnosis and a date

I'm kind of still in shock so bare with me.

Last time I posted I asked if I was crazy for begging for a hysterectomy after bleeding heavily off and on for 4+ years....lol

I had an appt with a new doc and she decided we needed to start from the beginning. Transvaginal US here I come....

Fast forward 1.5 weeks later I go back in waiting to here the same thing I heard with my other 4-5, or was it 5 transvaginal US..Fibroids.

But to my shock and amazement she said there were no fibroids(WHAT?) and instead I had an enlarged uterus which strongly indicated Adenomyosis and get this no left ovary. Where the heck did it go, it was there at one point.

She described it to me saying my uterus is like a sponge that keeps getting squeezed.

I was kinda of shocked at the Adeno diagnosis..but relieved. My history all made sense. Failed ablation, exhausted all the time, big rounded belly, bladder fullness, IBS symptoms. The only symptom I don't seem to have is cramping. Which is why I discounted Adeno as a possibility as I was self diagnosing myself via Google.

Then we start discussing treatments and she mentions BCP, but said I would eventually need a hyster. I took that to mean BCP first and hyster down the road. But then she asked when I'd like to schedule the LAVH. I was so excited I wanted to cry and kiss her. Even though I asked a ton of questions I forgot to ask so many more like about my cervix and ovaries. I do see her a week before surgery and I'm going to write all my questions down.

I left there smiling like a fool and wanting to cry. Finally I was being taken seriously and someone was actually going to help me... July 29th here I come.

PS. I have to do a bowel prep the day before. Anyone with any experience with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2013, 06:11 AM
Re: A diagnosis and a date

I had aden. Too, it was horrible im finding recovery easier.pain wise then the adeno. Write down your questions for her so you dont forget! I do not have my cervix because of bad paps for years. Dont fear the bowel prep it sounds worse then it is ,just stay home once you start and have soft tp so you dont get a sore bum. Good luck !
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Re: A diagnosis and a date

ZoeBell!

I am glad you had someone take you seriously, and are getting your problem resolved.

I did a bowel prep before my surgery. While not pleasant, it was not as bad as I feared it would be. Just be aware of a few things. Make sure you are home when you start it. Also, everyone is different, so do not freak out if it takes several hours to start working. Just follow the directions your doctor gives you for eating and starting the prep.

Good luck to you and your date will be here soon...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register