Too snug physically for intimacy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Too snug physically for intimacy? Too snug physically for intimacy?

Unread 06-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Too snug physically for intimacy?

HI, sisters,I don't know if this is the right place to ask my question, but I am WAY nervous about "resuming activity."* I thought I'd be all nervous already, but I'd be able to psych myself into an it's-not-so-bad-at-all frame of mind.* Then, I went to my 6 week check this week and my Dr. (who is known for doing hysterectomies; possibly the best in our state) seemed a little amazed at how tight things were 1/2 way up.* YIKES!* I think he's done enough of these in the last 30 years to know what is normal and what is "actually too snug" (not the words any patient wants too hear!).* I am so painfully shy about stuff like this that I couldn't even think clearly to ask any further.* My DH is now out of town all week on business (thank heaven for small favors I guess).* What do I do?* I know the drill.* We have used KY so liberally we should buy stock ever since my prolapse.* I had repairs done on EVERYTHING down there, so it's all seemed a little messed up anyways.* I have 5 kids home full-time for summer.* Do I really want to go back to that place where Momma doesn't feel like getting off the sofa again?* Isn't there ANYTHING I can do to loosen things up at all?* I've read things like, "there are things you can do over time."* What??* PLEASE help!* I was worried about being too short (I'm small and my DH is almost 6'5" - I know... TMI!), but I never anticipated this.* I would've rather been too loose and miss some enjoyment.* My husband will be so worried and a little offended if it causes me pain.* What can I do to loosen things?* This isn't just my nerves.* Darn Dr. for saying that, but at least I know it's not all me just being too whimpy!* If you have ANY experience to share and anything I can do.* I've been great at Kegels since the prolapse; look where it got me!* I'll do what it takes to make this work.I can't tell you how desperate I am.* I have no one I can really ask about this!Thank you ever so much.* I love the sisters - heaven help all y'all w/ your issues, too!Sorry this was so obnoxiously L O N G!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2008, 05:15 AM

I hope this isn't TMI for you but here goes. I read here where another women had the same problem as you. Another sister advised her to get herself a vibrator and use it with some lube and slowly "stretch" things on your own. This way you can control how much you can stand at one time. Husbands <no matter how sensitive they are> can have a hard time controlling the situation once things get started. This way you have total control until you're ready for hubby. Best of Luck!
Unread 06-12-2008, 05:39 AM

Oh I am so sorry you are having so many concerns and fears about the pain returning! I am nervous too, I'll tightened up and it DOES hurt when the dr showed me what to do to help stretch it, it's called the pelvic floor muscle (the levator, sp) to stretch it out, if you are laying down, you (or your husband) can with a finger in push down, and that helps stretch it out. My dr. did that for a bit with me, as the spasms were really getting painful. He told me for sex I have to really really really relaxed and go SLOW. He said we may not get to do it completely right away, just keep at it. I can understand your anxiety because I have it too, I'm just getting back to my life and I don't want to be doubled over in pain again! Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2008, 06:39 AM

If you are going to try a vibrator, be very, very gentle as the tissues may also be thin and bruise easily.
Unread 06-12-2008, 07:43 AM

I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of this

While I didn't have these issues after my hyst, I did have issues with incontinence. In order to help strengthen the pelvic floor, my Uro prescribed Pelvic Therapy. You may want to ask your doctor for a referral.

What is Pelvic Therapy? It's a method that uses biofeedback thechnology in order to both stimulate and monitor pelvic contractions. A probe is inserted in the vagina (don't worry: it your own probe ). The probe is connected to a computer where the therapist will both send signals to the pelvic muscles and see your own response to the stimulation.

Most health issurance plans cover this therapy providing you have a prescription.

Hope this helps
Unread 06-14-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfnitedawn
Oh I am so sorry you are having so many concerns and fears about the pain returning! I am nervous too, I'll tightened up and it DOES hurt when the dr showed me what to do to help stretch it, it's called the pelvic floor muscle (the levator, sp) to stretch it out, if you are laying down, you (or your husband) can with a finger in push down, and that helps stretch it out. My dr. did that for a bit with me, as the spasms were really getting painful. He told me for sex I have to really really really relaxed and go SLOW. He said we may not get to do it completely right away, just keep at it.* I can understand your anxiety because I have it too, I'm just getting back to my life and I don't want to be doubled over in pain again!* Hope this helps*
*THANK YOU.* All the advice is so helpful, as I don't know where else to go (Dr. is great, but first of all, a man, and second of all,not super helpful with this).* I know this exercise can't hurt anything, and will probably help over time (I wish it could be NOW).* It feels good to have something productive to help move through this roadblock - literally.Thanks for taking the time to reply! You all are so sweet and concerned! S
Unread 06-14-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany
I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of this

While I didn't have these issues after my hyst, I did have issues with incontinence. In order to help strengthen the pelvic floor, my Uro prescribed Pelvic Therapy. You may want to ask your doctor for a referral.

What is Pelvic Therapy? It's a method that uses biofeedback thechnology in order to both stimulate and monitor pelvic contractions. A probe is inserted in the vagina (don't worry: it your own probe. The probe is connected to a computer where the therapist will both send signals to the pelvic muscles and see your own response to the stimulation.

Most health issurance plans cover this therapy providing you have a prescription.

Hope this helps
This does help. I've never heard of Pelvic therapy. I hope we have it here. Thanks for the info. I'm afraid I'll need it. Things are not looking good, and I'd like any advice professionals could give me. I'll try whatever might work. I'll ask doc.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, it's great to see that you're still involved with helping other people here, years later. Very inspiring.
Thanks ever so much,
S
Unread 06-15-2008, 06:29 AM

I think that is so wonderful too, that Dany and others are so helpful years later! It is so comforting and so inspirational to me too!
S I hope you have noticed some improvement? Hope so!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register