Nearly There! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nearly There! Nearly There!

Unread 06-22-2002, 02:41 PM
Nearly There!

Hi Sisters, Well you've been following some of the trials and tribulations of my life in the last few months, leading up to my visit to the castle, and on Monday I go in!Today has been GREAT, went to St. Paul's Cathedral to see my eldest son in the St. John Day Procession in his Role of National Cadet of the Year. Proud Mum!! Had my assessment last Wednesday, and I asked my consultant if there was any reason that i couldn't have a TVH instead of the TAH that has always been the plan. She looked over my records, and said that failing problems on the day, a TVH should be fine. I was very pleased as the recovery time is quicker, and as a single mother to 4 this is going to be better.
Lots of L&H to all the Sisters going in next week...we're all in this together!!
Talk to you soon, Debs.xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2002, 03:27 PM
Nearly There!

Congradulations about your son.
That will be great that she can do a TVH. I had a TVH and although I didn't have an external cut, I was told that the same amount of work was done on the inside as if I had a TAH. You will have lots of stitches and healing going on inside. I had around 46 although some TVH'ers can have over 100. You will also have stitches inside at the top of the vagina (I never felt mine as far as pain was concerned) and these close the top where the cervix used to be. I can say for myself that the first week after surgery I had less pain then I had prior to surgery with my periods but I did spend the first couple weeks in bed, walking, reclining, and limited my sitting to no more than 30 min at a time the first week. Sitting is considered and activity and can cause groin pain if done to much because when the ligaments are cut to remove the uterus it takes some time for the ligaments to get used to their new position. You may have lifting restrictions and please remember to take it easy as it is MAJOR surgery and can have an initial recovery time of 6-8 weeks. I hope you have someone to help you. Some sisters have asked about the restrictions after they had a TVH when they were originally scheduled for a TAH and they were told that the restrictions were the same. Good luck to you. I'm happy to say that for me I feel so much better and I have no regrets.
Unread 06-22-2002, 06:04 PM
Nearly There!

Debs,

Thanks for your kind words to my post, and all my good wishes for your Monday trip. Hopefully you will be recovering at home by the time I make my visit on Thursday. Many prayers from this side of the Atlantic.

Cindi

:dragon:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2002, 08:51 PM
Nearly There!

UK Debs,

The TVH is good news. Your waiting is almost over. Best wishes from California.
Maralyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register