My Crowning--TAH/BSO & Tuck *Long* | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Crowning--TAH/BSO & Tuck *Long* My Crowning--TAH/BSO & Tuck *Long*

Unread 02-18-2001, 11:38 AM
My Crowning--TAH/BSO & Tuck *Long*

I am about two weeks post-op, and finally can write.
My surgery was uneventful..waiting is the hardest!
I did everything that was suggested, and was was sitting up on the bed at 11 P.M., and had the driest toast on earth with tea. Next day, walk, walk, walk, breakfast, cath out, re-trained the bladder pretty quickly. Did notice urine was tinged with blood, passed a clot vaginally, and had minimal discharge. All of this is normal.
Quite honestly, the tummy tuck is harder to heal from.
Wednesday I got to eat, they were trying to kick me out,so luckily my DH came and I got to go. Getting home was hard to get comfortable, as I was swelly all over, bruised, and tender.
All went well till Friday; I got sick from the narcotics and had to fight with a nurse over taking pain meds. I was determined, and was put on Tylenol. I also crashed hormonally! I asked the doc twice before surgery not to put me on Premarin, but he refused. I then called his office,
night sweats plaguing me (I freeze and sweat) and told the doc on call I also had the common side effect of headaches,
and had removed the patch that they put on me on the OR. It lasted only 3 days anyway.
So I told this gal "LOOK..THIS is what is going on.." So I am on the Estrace I originally asked for. Life is good!!
Aside from the drains pinching from the tuck, they were removed the 13th, and healing is going very well! Since then I can shower, wear regular clothing and shuffle around when I am not relaxing in the lawnchair position required with the tuck.
I climb the stairs every night to our bed, bundle in and sleep. I feel pretty good, tire easily, still don't drive, and have lost five pounds. Tuesday I see the plastic surgeon, and hope to have the last of the stitches removed.
After 20 years of having the tummy "apron" for three people, I'm in awe of the tuck. I have a flat tummy, sewn very tightly down the front, and everything I went through
was worth it!!
I have months to go before everything is healed, as it still heals on the inside for awhile, but I couldn't have done it without you, my sisters!!! Thank God you are still here, and able to help others.
P.S. The best part of surgery was meeting the anesthesiologist before surgery. I explained my fears. I had
something to calm me, as my DH held my hand, I drifted off.
I remember nothing, I was allowed the epidural after I slept on the table, and it was a benefit. As you heal, you can have back aches as you sit and lay a lot..never had once. I am going to find out who the fellow was, as I only remember his first name. I'm going to thank Steve..he was trully an angel!
God Bless all!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register