ladie in waiting to long | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ladie in waiting to long ladie in waiting to long

Unread 04-08-2003, 07:58 AM
ladie in waiting to long

today the pain of these Fibriods is so unbearable.I hurt so bad.I try to read daily cause al of you give me so much hope and understanding.
But the wait for me is so far away.Tomorrow I get the results of my biopsy,than May 2 a sonsgram.the 19 next MD app.to discuss my options.Why so long????We know theirs fibriods we know my uterus is very large and of the heavy,very heavy bleeding.Why must I suffer until they decide its all over with.I cant work,I cant do anything and I hate this.
I'm so happy for those who suffering end this week even this month.They get their lives back and that makes me alil jelouse.I want it to be ME.Until them I have to go on like this.Tell me is there anything my MD can give for the pain?????
Thanks for listening I really needed to vent,I hate not being in controll of myself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2003, 08:10 AM
ladie in waiting to long

Dejoya,

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I truely sympathize.

When 800mg of Advil wasn't working for me anymore, I took darvoset. This didn't even take the edge off. I just felt drugged and stupid. Thank goodness it was my last one before surgery.

I also, for the first time, had a lot of pain with ovulation. And now with sex.

Call your doctor and tell them how you are feeling. Perhaps they can prescribe something, speed things up or recommend a different doctor with a more open schedule.

Good luck and keep posting.

Tara
Unread 04-08-2003, 08:16 AM
ladie in waiting to long

dejoya,
I had to go through what seemed like weeks of tests. I knew what the problem was and I knew what I wanted. My said I had to endure the testing to eliminate any other problems.
After the final test (ultrasound), I saw the doctor, and we scheduled the date right then. Even though it was 6 long weeks after that, it was worth it.
Maybe you should call the doctor and tell him of your intense pain- that may speed up the process. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2003, 08:49 PM
thank you

thanks ladies.to do this i do want it done right.I will have to be patient.Leave it in the hands of God
Unread 04-08-2003, 09:42 PM
ladie in waiting to long

I suffer from outrageous fibroid pain, too. Feels like I'm being stabbed repeatedly with a sharpened screwdriver. My doctor tried Darvocet, and i agree with the above poster who said it doesn't even touch the pain. What HAS worked for me is Percocet, and Vicodin. Some Dr.s' are hesitant to prescribe these meds because they are addictive, but when you are in pain you need HELP. My doctor also said the chances of becoming addicted are small when you are taking pain meds for a legitimate purpose. I can't think of anything more legitimate than fibroid pain! You don't WANT pain relief, you NEED it. And you are entitled to it. I am a Licensed Practical Nurse. In school, we were taught that pain relief is a NECESSARY precursor to healing. We were also taught that "pain is what the patient says it is". No one in the medical profession should ever tell you "it isn't that bad" or "you shouldn't need such strong meds". It is the responsibility of your Dr. to provide adequate pain control, and your responsibility to tell him/her about the pain and ask for relief. Good luck, and call your Dr.!
Unread 04-08-2003, 10:32 PM
ladie in waiting to long

I went to my Dr. because of pain,heavy bleeding,blood clots....etc...She examined me and told me right then and there that I had at least 6 fibroids. She told me I would need a Hyst. (She knows me and knows I am done having kids) I went home, discussed it with my husband and my mother and within a week made the decision to go for the surgery. We could have scheduled it in March but in order to get my schedule,DH's schedule and doc's schedule all lined up, we picked April to have it done. I had to hurry up and have my ultra sound scheduled before the surgery,(for Ins. purposes) they got me in in one day!If I were you, I would tell your Dr. how you feel and what you want, maybe they can schedule these tests sooner. Good Luck to you.

Another sister in waiting...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register