Going a little crazy...! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going a little crazy...! Going a little crazy...!

Unread 05-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Going a little crazy...!

Ladies I have a strange issue at large. Firstly, please note that my surgery is this Thursday. Now, here it is... It seems that no matter where I am or what I am doing, I feel compelled to tell whoever is there that I am about to have a hysterectomy.

Just before I came online, I was at the library returning some books and checking out some books when I found myself telling the librarian, in great detail I might add, all about my upcoming surgery. Did I mention it was a male librarian??

Earlier in the day I was at the Optometrist scheduling my next appt., and I began telling HIM and his receptionist who went on to tell me all about the folks they knew who had had the surgery.

I mentioned it to the mail carrier at work, any neighbor within walking distance to my home, the grocery clerk who bagged my groceries, EVERY single friend I have and the list goes on and on and on!

I don't know where this is coming from...! I am usually a very private person. I swear I am not looking for sympathy! I just can't help myself it seems!

The closer I get to my "date" the more of a hot mess I am becoming. I am actually looking forward to the surgery just to end this incessant WAITING PERIOD!

I also bought three new nightgowns for the hospital but packed my old one instead. I am slowly but surely going nuts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Re: Going a little crazy...!

Stress will do strange things to a person. I did a similar thing although I can't remember if I told complete strangers. I probably did. I know I talked everyone's ear off as that was how I dealt with the anxiety of the upcoming surgery. Don't feel bad about it. It will be so much better when you are on the other side. :hugs5:
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:52 PM

I agree with Danni. This is your way of processing your upcoming surgery. We all have our own ways to cope with the stress and anxiety that comes with waiting.

Hang in there! The waiting is the hardes part.

FYI: I think it's a good idea to pack your old nightie for the hospital. You don't want to wear anything new or pretty there, which may get soiled. I saved my new pretty nightie for when I got home and I'm glad I did!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2012, 09:55 PM

OMG, I did the SAME thing. I think I got on my own nerves i talked about it so much. Even after it was done all I ever said was "well on the forums it said," I think I drove my husband batty with that one!
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:07 PM

How curious -- I've been dealing with something similar:

I am also a very private person but have found myself having absolutely no inhibition in telling people why and how I'm going to have my uterus extracted.

At first I was worried I was in some grave state of denial, but another poster mentioned this is how some people process stress and that makes a lot of sense to me.
Unread 05-09-2012, 12:05 PM

Hi --- I am doing the saaaame thing?!?!?!? It must be about the mental process of the whole thing...we need to keep hearing it ourselves because it helps us cope with knowing it is happening.
It would be the LAST thing in this whole world I would EVER do ...if I did not HAVE to. So saying it out loud is a way of dealing with it...
Marzy
Unread 05-09-2012, 01:25 PM

June 12 can't come fast enough. It feels as if my fibroid is growing bigger by the day. Plus I am looking forward to sleep! Crazy I know! No call lights going off no one calling me or waking me up at 6am wanting to know can I work a double. No ome steeling the blanket no cat hogging the bed! Peace and quiet!
Unread 05-09-2012, 02:25 PM

Im doing the same thing and like Marz Bars said 'it's the last thing i would normally do!" Im usually a very private person. The anxeity is driving me a little crazy.. this site has been a life saver! love women supporting other women!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register