I'm Scared... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm Scared... I'm Scared...

Unread 05-15-2003, 07:17 PM
I'm Scared...

Everything is gonna to happen on Monday, I'm scared to death. I don't know why I'm letting it bother me...Never have had a big surgery. Anything to ease my mind???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2003, 07:22 PM
I'm Scared...

Just know we are all here to support you and everything will be fine. I had my surgery May 7th, and really it is the best thing I have done for my health. Read the Pre-Op hints on this website and just try to relax. We are all here praying for you and wishing you the very best.
Unread 05-15-2003, 07:46 PM
I'm Scared...

I don't know what would ease your mind. Does it help to know that almost everybody ends up saying that the surgery wasn't nearly as difficult as they had imagined? That once you're in the hospital 'mode' things move along so efficiently that you don't really have time to be scared? That once it's over you will feel so relieved? That the pain probably won't be anything like what you're imagining? That the healing and recovery time isn't agony? That in a few weeks you will be feeling SOOOOO much better? And that thousands of your sisters have had this surgery and not only survived but thrived? Does any of that help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Monday for me too

A lot of what has been said has helped me too. I have been doing a lot of writing in my journal that seems to help. I take the best of what I read here and make it my own visualization of how it will go for me. I picture myself feeling bettere than I have in a long time and healing and entering a new phase in my life of creativity, wisdom and betterment. Plenty of time to be proactive and do some soul searching. Even if the hormones rage, and what ever happens. I will be a new me and I am anxious to meet my new self. I've never thought of myself as a princess before, think of that, it may help.

I'll be thinking of all of us when my time comes on Monday and take strength in the women who have helped me before and will be there for me after.

It's a full moon and lunar eclipse tonight so take that into consideration and maybe go out and howl.

Keysey
Unread 05-15-2003, 08:34 PM
I'm Scared...

Hi,
Had a TAH/BSO on 5/5, and I put myself through the ringer with anxiety, worry and being scared to death cause I never had major surgery. Take the time to relax, be patient and take care of both your body and soul. Hope you feel better! I'll keep you in my prayers and thoughts!
Unread 05-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Thank you...

all the kind words helped me, still worried but i know things will be ok, thanks again
Unread 05-18-2003, 11:21 AM
I'm Scared...

I know just how you feel. This sight was my biggest help. I felt like I spent hours on it. We are all praying for you. Once it is over you will be so relieved. Rest up and get ready for some major pampering.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register