Bowel prep rodeo! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel prep rodeo! Bowel prep rodeo!

Unread 07-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Bowel prep rodeo!

Thanks to this website, I felt fully prepared and I truly appreciate all of the pre-op advise and tips. I used my pre-surgery day as a pamper me day, facial, pedicure and eyebrow wax. Liquid diet started with a fruit smoothie for breakfast, then half bowl of tomato basil soup for lunch. Came home and lit the candles, turned on a small water fountain and dranked my bottle of mag-citrate at 2 pm and sat in recliner to relax and wait.

One hour later....... small BM, no problem I thought, well, that wasn't too bad.............. So I go back to the recliner and drift off to a nice 40 minute nap. Next thing I feel is a large gas bubble (I thought) I didn't move, waiting ............ waiting.........then POW, I realized it wasn't gas, but I was fully reclined in the chair and couldn't get up and hold my bowels at the same time! I starting bucking as if I was riding a mechanical bull at the rodeo. Everytime I tried to get up, I went down trying to reach the handle on the chair. This went on for at least 30 seconds, which by rodeo terms is quite a ride! Didn't quite make it, however, the good thing is I was wearing a pad and my last pair of "period panties" which were promptly thrown away!

Afterwards, by butt burned like a branding iron! So I used almost half of the pre-moistened towletts I had so carefully purchased for my post op recovery.

It was quite a day --- and I'm now home from LAVH/BSO and doing very well. I have to say the bowel prep has been the worst (and funniest) part of the whole ordeal.

My best regards and prayers of peace and blessing to all of you for a healthy recovery!

LAVH/BSO - 7/14/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2009, 06:55 AM
Re: Bowel prep rodeo!

OMG

It's a good thing I am 3 months post op or I would have definatly popped a stitch/staple or something.
Glad you're doing well.

Wanda
Unread 07-16-2009, 07:02 AM

I have to agree with Wanda . . . having done the bowel prep I have a pretty good visual on what you went through!

I glad that all is going well for you and may you have a continued smooth recovery! Thanks for the laugh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2009, 08:47 AM

omg i was laughing when i was reading your ummm 'rodeo' experience haaaaa too dang funny (well it was) lol and i look NOT forward to it on sunday! yikes haha the visual was great! teehee lesson i learned from this is dont recline and fall asleep soon after taking the ''champagne'' wishing you a speedy recovery.
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:00 AM

OMG! That is funny! My instructed me that I have to do a enema. Never mentioned that I could drink anything.

Glad to hear everything is going well.
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:12 AM

LMSO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could just picture the "bucking bronco".........
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:23 AM

OMG!! No offense but that was funny. I was so worried about the bowel prep thing these last couple weeks, and I talked on the phone with my dr. last nite to get some last minute pre-op instructions and the first thing I asked him was if i would need to do a bowel prep. He said no, all I would need to do was an enema. THANK GOD!!! He laughed and thought it was funny that I was more worried about that than everything else. I had one when i had a colonoscopy several months ago, and it was TERRIBLE, so I know what its like and my sympathies to everyone who has to go thru it. Bless all you and your hinnies, lol.
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:29 AM

Wow, that was so funny!! What a visual that was, I'm still smiling as I type this With an attitude like that I am sure you will be well on the road to recovery in no time . Hugs and thanks for the laugh, I wish I had found this site before my hysterectomy, I only had a week to get prepared for it though. All the sisters are such a blessing with their wit and wisdom.
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:54 AM

So glad I didn't have to do a bowel prep OR enema. This is too funny for words. Like Kottonkitty, I am so glad I am three months out. It takes a lot to get me to laugh out loud. So glad I was home alone or whoever was here would have thought I had lost my mind as I know I was laughing so hard I could not talk!!! Thanks so much!!!!!

You really need to put a WARNING in the title of this post for all those that have fresh stitches or staples!!! LOL
Unread 07-16-2009, 01:30 PM

I'm sorry you went through that but OMG! your post was funny. It had me rolling and I had tears in my eyes...

My dog and cats thought I had lost my mind...

I'm happy your surgery went well and that you're home.

With the sense of humor and good attitude you have, your recovery should go well...

Man, I'm still laughing at the visual...

Elizabeth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register