Mental Mess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Mental Mess

I am headed for the castle in the morning. I just had my last solid food meal...and my last ciggie...so for the rest of the day its nothing but clear liquids and potty time. I have been so calm about this up until last night...and now that its upon me I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I keep telling myself that this will help me feel so much better...and I know I really do want this surgery. But...at the same time I'm terrified of going and the pain and such that will follow. I feel like a twisted mental mess. I am lucky in the fact that it's being done on a Friday...so I will be in the castle for the weekend...which will mean my husband and sister will be off of work and there with me to help me.

In any case...love to all of you...thanks for all of your help and support...I am so glad I found this site...been a tremendous help to me getting through this journey. I will see you all on the other side...in post op...once I am back home and healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Mental Mess

Good Luck! Please let us know how your visit to the castle went as soon as you're feeling up to it. Take care!
Unread 08-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Mental Mess

Hang in there - the fear of the unknown and waiting are the WORST!

My recommendation? Trashy romance novels or trashy romantic movies. Watch something that helps you escape from thinking about it and enjoy your time before -- go for a bike ride or a long walk.....

And pamper, pamper, pamper.....

Tomorrow morning will dawn quickly enough and you can blast through with renewed confidence and support.

Hope all is over for you quickly and we will see you on the other side!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Mental Mess

You'll be fine. I think everyone loses it at some point. For me, it was three days before surgery. Then I settled down and things went fine.

Try to find something that's relaxing for you. For me it was doing yoga. I had to do a bowel prep the evening before so that limited my options. I got up about a half an hour early so I would have time to do it before I left the house.

I hope you have a great surgery and recovery.

Frances
Unread 08-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Mental Mess

Good luck with your surgery and may you have an easy recovery.We'll see you soon!Take care
Unread 08-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Mental Mess

Good Luck!
You are almost there
Can't wait to hear from you when you return!
I know it will all be good!
Positive energy sent your way!

Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register