should I still be feeling pain at 3 weeks post hysterectomy? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

should I still be feeling pain at 3 weeks post hysterectomy? should I still be feeling pain at 3 weeks post hysterectomy?

Unread 02-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Re: should I still be feeling pain at 3 weeks post hysterectomy?

thank-you Paulette, hope you are well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2016, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthychoices View Post
Hi WonderDee,
Thanks for your message, I hope you are well and going alright with your work. Hope you are also getting rest when you are able if you need it. The weather here is the opposite and really hot most days. I'm enjoying having the time to go out in the sunshine on a morning in the garden, though after about 10.30am its really too hot. Can't wait to start back to work when I'm able. xx
Healthchoice

Unread 02-21-2016, 02:56 AM

I'm still feeling pain on my right side hip/groin after 4 weeks. I don't know if this is down to bending too far/often but it's been the problem side since leaving hospital. A couple of weeks back a small area under incision on right was hard and lumpy, but not now-progress!. I need constant reminders that I shouldn't expect too much too soon as EVERYTHING was removed due to a fibroid, adenomyosis and endometriosis which had adhered the ovary to the bowel so was a "challenge" to separate and remove. I'm also stir crazy as I only get out of the house on my daily walk. Husband works all day, then his weekends are spent catching up with household chores so I don't get to go anywhere remotely exciting. I know I sound super-whingy so apologies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2016, 03:32 AM

The pain comes and goes as your body heals. Take it easy and give yourself time to get better. I totally understand the lack of sleep... we have so much in our heads. Talk to your doctor about the pain.
Unread 02-21-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules S View Post
I'm still feeling pain on my right side hip/groin after 4 weeks. I don't know if this is down to bending too far/often but it's been the problem side since leaving hospital. A couple of weeks back a small area under incision on right was hard and lumpy, but not now-progress!. I need constant reminders that I shouldn't expect too much too soon as EVERYTHING was removed due to a fibroid, adenomyosis and endometriosis which had adhered the ovary to the bowel so was a "challenge" to separate and remove. I'm also stir crazy as I only get out of the house on my daily walk. Husband works all day, then his weekends are spent catching up with household chores so I don't get to go anywhere remotely exciting. I know I sound super-whingy so apologies!!

I had pain in my left side for 3/4 weeks. I had an knot by my bladder before the surgery and after the surgery. By 6 week the knot was gone. I remember my doctor telling me I had a lot of scar tissue. (In 1986 I had an ectopic pregnancy and lost my left tube.)

The doctor told me that my ovary was stuck to my uterus and cause a problem with my bladder. The knot is gone but I still have pain on the left side from time to time. I am 9 weeks post-op.

I am a believer of ice and heat pads plus ibuprofen. When I over do it. I use a heating pad to rid my self of pain.

To set your mine at ease call you doctor office and tell them about your hip and pain.

Unread 02-22-2016, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwhit1108 View Post
The pain comes and goes as your body heals. Take it easy and give yourself time to get better. I totally understand the lack of sleep... we have so much in our heads. Talk to your doctor about the pain.
Hi Lizwhit,

I think I was just hoping(expecting) to be feeling better by now, it really does just take as long as it takes. I'm going for short walks and went for a small grocery shop this morning with my husband. By midday my belly the size of a balloon so I guess I'll have to take it easy again. Thanks so much for your message and I hope all goes well for yours upcoming.
Unread 02-22-2016, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules S View Post
Hi Jules,

Thanks for messaging me, yes I agree things are much worse when I've been bending down for things or simply been standing or sitting for too long. I'm going out for a short walk each day and slowly starting to do some light work around the house, including some cooking, with help to reach for things and get things out of oven etc. My husband and son have been a great help to me, though my husband also works away a week at a time. We are both going to feel amazing once we are fully healed and I keep reminding myself that daily. I've had 2 lots of surgeries before now for the endometriosis so I truly hope I've seen the last of it now as I'm sure you do too. You don't sound super whingy, no need apologise. Keep on smiling and don't let the boredom bug you too much beautiful lady
Unread 02-22-2016, 01:02 AM

Hey Lizwhit,

My apologies, you have already had your surgery - hope it all went well for you:-)
Unread 02-22-2016, 09:41 AM

Hi everyone.

I had the same concern. I am 4 weeks out and continued to have pain on left side. Called the doctor and she ordered a ct scan. Turns out that the surgery, anesthesia, and pain meds irritated my intestines. I previously had diverticulitis and jad been fine for a few years. This surgery aggravated it. Heating pad and pain pills have been helping but today is my first day back at work and I am miserable. I sit at a desk and my body is wanting to stretch out and lay down.

I hope you get to feeling better soon. I have 5 yr old twins and my desire to pickup after them is great. But we need to take it easy and avoid doing so much bending.
Unread 02-22-2016, 07:52 PM

Hi Chelitoz,
Thanks for your message, I'll be 4 weeks out tomorrow and def not ready to go back to work just yet. I hope you are feeling ok and coping with your work situation, I still can't sit for longer than about a couple of hours. I also have IBS and had Diverticulitis a couple of years ago so maybe the same thing is happening to me. Resist the urge to do the toy/clothes pick up it will be ok (lol) or make it a game for them of who can pick up the most in 2minutes! I did too much again yesterday and am now back in bed. Take it easy on yourself and do what you need to do, its important to heal well for your future wellbeing. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register