Pain in arm-Blood Clot??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain in arm-Blood Clot??? Pain in arm-Blood Clot???

Unread 09-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Pain in arm-Blood Clot???

Girls, I posted earlier that I have really gone downhill after overdoing it last week. I still haven't heard back from the doctor today. I'm wondering about something. For the last week I have had an achey pain in my upper left arm that has gotten progressively worse each day. It actually hurts enough to wake me up. At first I thought it was a pulled muscle, but I've done nothing strenuous. Could it be a blood clot??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2006, 05:57 PM

Hi, I don't know for sure but I don't think a blood clot would hurt. I've noticed that my body has been compensating for the tension in my abdomen and that I am tense in places that I wouldn't have expected. If you are tense and it hurts, you just get more tense because you are supporting it. If you pulled something - same thing plus the pulled muscle. Are you taking pain meds for the other stuff? Does ibuprofen work on it? When the doctor calls back ask about your arm pain too. Let me know ...
Unread 09-11-2006, 06:59 PM

Actually, my understanding is that blood clots, depending where they are, can be excruciatingly painful. My doctor is very concerned and I'm her first patient tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2006, 07:02 PM

Laura in Louisville (Great City!)

Yes, it could be a blood clot-especially if it is in your upper inner arm and yes, a clot can hurt.

Seek immediate medical attention if you so much as suspect a blood clot @ any time.

Let us hear from you soon.
Unread 09-11-2006, 08:10 PM

Yes, a blood clot would cause pain. I had a blood clot in my leg and the pain in my inner thigh became unbearable. If you suspect a clot, please go to your ER now. It may not be a clot, but if it is and you do nothing, the consequences could be tragic. Please call your doctor or go to the ER.
Unread 09-12-2006, 04:09 AM

Elphie

Hopefully you got the above responses and have called your Dr or gone to the ER. Please update us when you get a chance!
Unread 09-12-2006, 05:38 AM

I am seeing my doctor at 9:00. I woke up with level 8 pain in my abdomen and 6 in my arm. I will not let her blow off this arm pain.
Unread 09-12-2006, 05:43 AM

An ultrasound of the arm should determine whether or not there is a clot. If she doesn't order one for you, ask. That's how my clot was diagnosed. I hope she is able to determine the cause of your pain.
Unread 09-12-2006, 07:43 AM

Elphie.........will be watching for your update, so sorry you're going thru this............

Across the River

Gen
Unread 09-12-2006, 08:22 AM

I have had cramps in my thigh that started last thurs evening - My dr wasnt in Friday so i decided to wait til mon, then sunday i woke up with a fever and went to the ER. I also told them about the cramps so they did a d-dimer? blood test. The fever was a bladder/kidney infection. The blood test for clots came back at slightly elevated but not at the levels that they felt needed extra testing. Now I am thinking I should have had an ultrasound... Instead they sent me home with my antibiotic, I guess they felt since I could walk on the leg it couldn't be a clot.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register