Headed to Pre Op appoint. now, hysterectomy is 8/24, Funny story to Share! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Headed to Pre Op appoint. now, hysterectomy is 8/24, Funny story to Share! Headed to Pre Op appoint. now, hysterectomy is 8/24, Funny story to Share!

Unread 08-19-2016, 08:57 AM
Headed to Pre Op appoint. now, hysterectomy is 8/24, Funny story to Share!

So my surgery is next Wed 8/24 and yesterday Drs office leaves a message that it's urgent they speak to me ASAP about my surgery. So I call them back and the surgical coordinator Amy says, your Dr fell roller blading while on vacation and broke her arm. (This is not the funny part) She says to me if you want her to do the operation were looking at 6-8 weeks out to reschedule you after her cast comes off. Then she says but Dr <> asked us to tell you she has No problems taking over and performing your surgery as scheduled so you won't have to wait. She said to be sure that you knew she's perfectly fine with it but we needed to ask if you are okay with it. Here's the funny or shall I say awkward part, I was Dr <> babysitter from the time she was very young up until she no longer needed a sitter. So I briefly thought omg this will be awkward what should I say. Well I decided dealing with the awkward was better then waiting 6-8 weeks so it's a go for Wed morning. A HysterSisters friend said she will now know you inside and out, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2016, 10:20 AM
Re: Headed to Pre Op appoint. now, Surgery is 5 days away, Funny story to Share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farr1013 View Post
Here's the funny or shall I say awkward part, I was Dr <> babysitter from the time she was very young up until she no longer needed a sitter. So I briefly thought omg this will be awkward what should I say. Well I decided dealing with the awkward was better then waiting 6-8 weeks so it's a go for Wed morning. A HysterSisters friend said she will now know you inside and out, lol.
Ask for a friends and family discount!

Unread 08-19-2016, 10:24 AM
Re: Headed to Pre Op appoint. now, hysterectomy is 8/24, Funny story to Share!

Talk about the circle of life! Glad they were able to keep you on plan for next week - best luck with your surgery - you are almost there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2016, 10:46 AM

For me this decision would depend a lot on what my babysitting experiences with the doc had been like. If this was the kid who shoved her younger sister down a flight of stairs when I had my back turned, I'd probably decide to wait until the roller-blader was well again. *grin*

Seriously, what is it with doctors these days? They're also so young! When did this happen? It's not like I'm getting older or anything...
Unread 08-19-2016, 01:08 PM
Headed to Pre Op appoint. now, hysterectomy is 8/24, Funny story to Share!

I'm still giggling about this story. I told my husband and he said, "I hope she was a really nice babysitter and let her eat whatever she wanted and stay up late." LOL!
Unread 08-19-2016, 03:36 PM

I think Cussette is right ask for the discount

Doesn't this kind of thing make us feel.....old...er?
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:15 AM

Thanks everyone for sharing in the humor in my situation, it's a bit awkward for me and maybe for her also, lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register