found the perfect "CALCIUM" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

found the perfect "CALCIUM" found the perfect "CALCIUM"

Unread 07-18-2005, 10:09 AM
found the perfect "CALCIUM"

I asked my pharmacist if they could make me calcium because I was having such a time finding the right calcium in the right dose with the right combination that I wanted to take. They referred me to a chemist but he wasn't able to make it for me either...he did however recommend a product that I just love. "LIQUID HEALTH" Calcium...it's calcium citrate with Vit. D and Magnesium and a few other minerals. It's liquid, easy absorable, not too expensive. May be worthy of you ladies checking out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2005, 10:18 AM

Oh thanks for the tip! I'll look for it today. Currently I'm taking Viactiv, a calcium supplement, plus vitamins D and K. It's a soft calcium chew that tastes good; I bought the milk chocolate. I thought this was my answer because I can't (mental thing) swollow pills. But, an hour or so after I take the Viactiv, I feel sort of sick to my stomach.

I'll give your suggestion a try...thanks!
Maralyn
Unread 07-18-2005, 10:31 AM

Kitty-
Can I ask where you find this calcium????? I have trouble with calcium too, weighs kinda heavy in the belly after taking it. I realize that calcium is SO important after a hyst, but I have tried many and am not pleased with how they make me feel... Any info you could give me would be great.
Thanks in advance.
snickers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2005, 10:51 AM

Well Hi snickers!!! Hey, i just called my local pharmancy, "Longs" and they don't carry this product. I'll try the GMC store next. Hopefully, Kitty will get back to you on the location.

I guess because calcium is difficult to absorb in a non-food form, that it makes it touchy on the tummy???
Take care snickers!
:wave Maralyn
Unread 07-18-2005, 10:55 AM

Thanks for the help maralyn---- I hope kitty reads her own posts---- heheheh
Maybe we could luck out and find it at GNC....
Hope you are well
take care maralyn- Hugs
snickers
Unread 07-18-2005, 11:05 AM

Ok ladies please excuse my ignorance here but the doc never said a word to me about calcium... can someone please explain this to me.... I am 45 and 4 weeks out... on the climara patch (which I need to put a new one on today hope I don't forget ... hahaha)....

Ces.
Unread 07-18-2005, 11:15 AM

Here is the website for the Liquid Calcium product:

http://www.liquidhealthinc.com/prodI....php?prodID=14
Unread 07-18-2005, 12:19 PM

I'm sorry that was cruel wasn't it? Well, I actually found it at my local health store in this little town close to me and the price was reasonable but before I found it there I was going to purchase it on line at....and this is the cheapest place I had found so far.....www.lifesvigor.com. It sold for $18.45 and I think shipping was around $3. something. It's a 36oz. bottle and did I tell you it taste great! It's Orange Vanilla flavor. Sorry next time I won't leave you all in such suspense...tee hee
Karen
Unread 07-18-2005, 02:58 PM

Cespos_
Calcium supplementation after a hyst is critical. Once you are no longer making estrogen, you bones can become very weak. Even if you are taking HRT, you should take a calcium supplement.
Ask you doc, I'm sure he will agree.
snickers
Unread 07-18-2005, 03:20 PM

Well said snickers...calcium is important for everyone, even for ole'ladies like me who need to keep those bone density tests showing good strong bones!

Cespos, don't think your GYN is slipping....mostly, the primary care physician is in charge of your general health. He/She should be kept in the loop. If the pcp knows of your surgery he will tell you about the calcium need. My pcp orders my bone density test and CBC panels.

Thanks Kitty...Glad you came back to fill us in! I'm off to the local GNC store as soon as I read up on the info that bankergal gave us. The Viactiv was $10.00 or 11.00 for 60 chews. Recommended dose for my age was 2 to 3 a day. Just one upsets my stomach now.

HOT in Califiornia 106!!!
Maralyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register