12 days post hysterectomy: Cloudy Urine | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 days post hysterectomy: Cloudy Urine 12 days post hysterectomy: Cloudy Urine

Unread 09-28-2015, 06:19 PM
12 days post hysterectomy: Cloudy Urine

Anyone else have this? I'm 12 days post-op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2015, 06:25 PM
Re: Cloudy Urine

RotoRooted, I think it depends how how cloudy and if it is all the time? I usually have a bit of cloudiness all the time, but have always come back with no issues. But it is only a little bit, and maybe twice a day.

In hospital my nurse mentioned it, but didn't seem worried, when I mentioned I have it a fair amount she just said as long as I am cleared, surgery can make it more noticeable.

I think if it is not something you usually have, make a note for your first check in with the doc?

I seem to be the only person whose surgeon doesn't want to see at all until 6 weeks. :/
Unread 09-28-2015, 07:35 PM

I notice it every now and again here in post-op land. I'll tell my doctor. Good suggestion. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2015, 08:56 PM

You're welcome.
I have a list I've started, things to ask at my appointment in 6 weeks (now 4?), and things I want solved now. If it is now, I'll check here, then check with Mom (she use to be a nurse), and then, if it doesn't seem normal, I call my family doc. He's awesome and usually gets back to me by the end of his day.

Good luck!
Unread 09-28-2015, 10:43 PM
12 days post hysterectomy: Cloudy Urine

I had my hysterectomy rectocele repair on the 18th. They took out the catheter the next morning and I noticed right away that I wasn't emptying fully, but I wasn't too worried because of the swelling in that area. They discharged me that afternoon, and 3 days later I started running a low grade fever, and I would get hot flashes and clammy anytime I moved around, so I called the doctor the next morning and she had me come in. I did have blood and group b strep in the urine, so she put me on antibiotics. After a couple days on them I'm starting to feel a little better, but my urine still doesn't look good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register