12 months out! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 months out! 12 months out!

Unread 12-11-2005, 01:58 PM
12 months out!

I've made it a year! I can't believe it. I am here to offer hope to you sisters who are discovering this "new" you! I have finally stopped swelling every night. I have not gained any weight. No, I don't like the hormones I am on but I am looking for a new Dr. Sex? I hate the dryness and I hate that I don't have any desire. Yes, I can have orgasams but they only can be found with a vibrator. The hormones have controlled the night sweats and I am sleeping. Actually, since my body was such a horrible, sticky mess with endo I have felt better than I had in years. I read an earlier post from someone who said maybe we just have to get our heads around the fact that THIS is us now. We have to accept our NEW us and come to terms with her. On the days when you sisters cannot figure out how to get through today just take a breath and find a way to spend a few minutes alone. I promise you can get through this. You will be better. Right now just looks like it might last forever - it won't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2005, 03:26 PM
12 months out!

Sounds like good advise. I'm seven weeks post-op and already I feel so much better than I did before. No more heavy bleeding, no more painful periods, etc. I'm adjusting to new feelings and hormone replacement, but I'm coping. It helps to hear from others who are farther down the road, and know that they are doing just fine.
Unread 12-12-2005, 07:53 AM
12 months out!

Angela 1958,
Congratulations on making it through your first year as the NEW you. I'm sorry to hear that vaginal dryness, decreased libido and orgasms are giving you problems. Have you checked out the forum "Hormone Jungle" ?? You will find others going through the same ordeal and they can give advise to discuss with your Dr on hormones to help with your symptoms.
I am 11 months post-op TAH. For me it has been a rough year because of the complications from the TAH and the need for a RSO 3 weeks ago due to complex ovarian cysts and dense adhesions. I can honestly say that I don't miss my visit from Aunt Flo at all. I just want to get my life back as my own and be pain free. One benefit from the surgeries, is that I have lost 35 lbs and still counting. Unfortunately, the swelly belly has made a return with the last surgery. I hope it won't take 6 months for it to go away this time.
Best wishes on getting the hormones balanced out so that you can enjoy sex once again.
Nancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register