DvH Supracervical Hysterectomy tomorrow (6/6) - anxious, scared and relieved | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DvH Supracervical Hysterectomy tomorrow (6/6) - anxious, scared and relieved DvH Supracervical Hysterectomy tomorrow (6/6) - anxious, scared and relieved

Unread 06-05-2014, 12:42 PM
DvH Supracervical Hysterectomy tomorrow (6/6) - anxious, scared and relieved

I can't believe it's finally going to happen tomorrow! After months of stressing out, 7 years of dealing with awful fibroid symptoms, and six failed procedures, tomorrow I hope to begin the road to a final recovery. I feel strangely calm, but also anxious (did I forget anything? will I make it 10 days with at my mother's house without killing her? Will there be any complications?) I've done everything I can think of to be ready (got my grabber, yoga pants, loose shorts, oversized t-shirts, robe, pajamas, prescriptions for anxiety, sleep and pain, gas-x, ex-lax, enemas, fiber, stool softener, pillows, laptop loaded with movies, kindle). I think I'm covered! The hardest part for me will be boredom and missing my kitties (I have two). One of my cats is 18 years old and has health problems. I'm so worried something will happen to him while I'm away. I do have a good friend looking after him and have given him all the veterinary information, but I don't know if I can handle him going downhill while I'm trying to deal with all my own emotions and recovery. I'm a very active person and am not looking forward to taking a break from my cardio barre ballet classes, swimming laps, and especially my scuba diving volunteer job. I think out of those, probably swimming will be the earliest one I'll be able to return to. I'm the type of person who rarely sits still, so this will definitely be a difficult time for me! I'm not looking forward to going home tonight and giving myself TWO enemas. Just hoping I don't end up with hemorrohoids from the prep or the constipation after (I am prone to them and they are SOOOO painful!) I will be so happy when I'm on the other side of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Re: DvH Supracervical Hysterectomy tomorrow - anxious, scared and relieved

I hope you have a fast speedy recovery I am facing the same fears I have 1 week left for my surgery and feel the same way I am very active too I am the cheer booster mom who spends every waking moment with my kids I am going to miss them while I am away especially my marshmallow son he is 5 and cuddles with me when daddy is away at work I hope that your kitty stays healthy and safe wow 18 years old he will be so happy when you come home best of luck to you tomorrow
Unread 06-05-2014, 03:35 PM

Ladies, I totally understand your roller-coaster feelings. I hadn't been to a gynecologist is well over 7 years because I was such a chicken. A friend gave me the courage to get all my repairs finally taken care of.

I didn't know about this site until after surgery; I think it would have helped. I'm 6 weeks post op and soooooo happy it's over. For me, it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. I still have until end of July to get a final sign off for the additional repairs. Totally worth it

Hugs and best wishes for a fabulous recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2014, 07:14 AM

You will do great, the first week you don't feel like doing much. Rest as much as you can, drink lots. Walk.

See you on the other side.
Unread 06-06-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandertyson View Post
I can't believe it's finally going to happen tomorrow! After months of stressing out, 7 years of dealing with awful fibroid symptoms, and six failed procedures, tomorrow I hope to begin the road to a final recovery. I feel strangely calm, but also anxious (did I forget anything? will I make it 10 days with at my mother's house without killing her? Will there be any complications?) I've done everything I can think of to be ready (got my grabber, yoga pants, loose shorts, oversized t-shirts, robe, pajamas, prescriptions for anxiety, sleep and pain, gas-x, ex-lax, enemas, fiber, stool softener, pillows, laptop loaded with movies, kindle). I think I'm covered! The hardest part for me will be boredom and missing my kitties (I have two). One of my cats is 18 years old and has health problems. I'm so worried something will happen to him while I'm away. I do have a good friend looking after him and have given him all the veterinary information, but I don't know if I can handle him going downhill while I'm trying to deal with all my own emotions and recovery. I'm a very active person and am not looking forward to taking a break from my cardio barre ballet classes, swimming laps, and especially my scuba diving volunteer job. I think out of those, probably swimming will be the earliest one I'll be able to return to. I'm the type of person who rarely sits still, so this will definitely be a difficult time for me! I'm not looking forward to going home tonight and giving myself TWO enemas. Just hoping I don't end up with hemorrohoids from the prep or the constipation after (I am prone to them and they are SOOOO painful!) I will be so happy when I'm on the other side of this.

Good Luck today!! I hope that all goes well and you have a quick recovery! I like you am going to be recovering at my mom's house and am worried about her making me crazy lol. Just kidding mom's are amazing nurturing people and I am sure we will both survive My surgery is on monday at 8 am and I am hoping that you will be well enough to give us an update! Saying prayers and sending hugs your way
Unread 06-06-2014, 05:52 PM

I'm doing good. Surgery was at 7:30 am and it's now 5 pm. Doctor said it went well (although he predicted two hours and my fibroid was so big it took three). I feel good -on Toradol and Tramadol. But I have weird cramping which I think is gas pain (just took a gas pill). I got up and tried using the toilet, but nothing came of it. I still have a catheter too. I have my own room, which is nice. But they put me in the Labor and delivery ward and there is a picture of a newborn in front of me, and a note on the TV telling me the number of the Newborn channel. Not cool!
Unread 06-06-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandertyson View Post
I'm doing good. Surgery was at 7:30 am and it's now 5 pm. Doctor said it went well (although he predicted two hours and my fibroid was so big it took three). I feel good -on Toradol and Tramadol. But I have weird cramping which I think is gas pain (just took a gas pill). I got up and tried using the toilet, but nothing came of it. I still have a catheter too. I have my own room, which is nice. But they put me in the Labor and delivery ward and there is a picture of a newborn in front of me, and a note on the TV telling me the number of the Newborn channel. Not cool!
Yippee! So happy you're up and moving. I didn't get out of bed until the next morning. I was totally weird; I actually liked having the cath. I could drink as much as I wanted without getting up. Happy healing, Sister!
Unread 06-06-2014, 06:39 PM

I am so happy to hear that you are doing well as for the picture and channel ask them to cover the picture and quickly change the channel. You are right its definitely not cool that they put you in a room surrounding you with babies being born. Stay strong sister you will be home and feeling better in no time! Sending hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register