Let the nerves begin - initiated process | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Let the nerves begin - initiated process Let the nerves begin - initiated process

Unread 05-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Let the nerves begin - initiated process

Just gave my doctor the go-ahead to start the process for clearing insurance, scheduling the surgery, etc and notified my boss. Now, the nerves and tears are starting to kick in. How do I know that the right decision is made and not second guess / back out?

I've never been in the hospital before -- never a broken bone, illness, tonsils, no kids, nothing. The thought of 2-3d in their scares the bejeezers out of me. SO many fears of the unknown.

I don't have anyone who lives close to me to lean on. Just feel very alone on this journey. People tell me "you'll be fine", "don't worry about it" or "it's not that big of deal" but that's not what I need ... need someone to just let me vent my fears, to hold me tight while I cry, and to then tell me they will be with me every step of the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Re: Let the nerves begin - initiated process

Go ahead and vent! That's what we are here for. It's perfectly normal to second guess yourself about the surgery, and to be afraid.

You are not alone! Hugs and prayers are being sent your way!
Unread 05-10-2012, 04:08 PM

I think we all feel that way. We all just want that big ole' hug and to be told everything is going to be okay. IT WILL!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2012, 06:44 PM

I am in the same boat. I also told my doctor to initiate the process today. He said I could be in surgery as earliest as the end of the month. I'm experiencing big butterflies in the stomach. I have not been sick except the fibriods in my uterus. I'm having a hard time concentrating.
Unread 05-10-2012, 06:51 PM

I asked to not have it scheduled until after June 11th due to work schedules. The pain is tolerable and I'm not anemic so we have a bit of flexibility for scheduling. I'm VERY analytical ... I need to fully understand things to wrap myself around it and I can't fully do that with this. It's tough. I have no reference points for the pain / procedure / process and I'm very frightened of the post pain and recovery process.
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:25 PM

My surgury is also coming up fast and keep wondering do I really need the the surgery or should I hold off for menopause and let it take care of the problems. They say I have endo, admen and enlarged uterus. Im so confused about what to do. When you read some that have had the surgury on the post and they say they wish they hadnt had the procedure now I am really worried. Will this create just a new set of problems?
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:52 PM

I am so glad that you are letting your fellow HysterSisters help you. I am SOOOOOOOO glad I had my surgery, and I haven't looked back. I knew it was the right thing to do, and I had THE best doctor. Everyone should be so lucky to have Dr Heilbronn. If you don't doubt yourself about things as a rule, don't doubt yourself here. It sounds like you have issues that aren't going to resolve unless you have this procedure. You don't need your uterus to sustain life. If you are done having children, what's the point? I definitely do not regret my decision. I was worried about depression, as I have it to begin with, but my depression hasn't worsened because of the surgery. I am feeling better mentally because I had the surgery !!!!!!!! If you don't have total faith in your doctor, find someone else. At the same time, don't let anyone strong arm you into anything. I don't have anyone here that I can lean on............my sisters live out of state, and my parents are deceased. They both had hysterectomies, so I had them via phone. Remember, we are here for you. I wish I would have found this site before my surgery. I am sure glad I found it, period. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:55 PM

I didn't find the pain to be a serious problem. My pain was extremely well controlled, so it was never allowed to become an issue. Check with your doctor, to see how it will be handled. If you could wait for a due date for pregnancy, you CAN do this. Buzz me if you need anything'
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:56 PM

Also, don't over analyze. Once you have made your decision, go with it. Don't second guess yourself.
Unread 05-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Yes I fight depression too. Three years divorced after 26 yrs married. My mom and sisters live out of state also, I know what you mean about no one to lean on... Was hoping this to help in that area also. My family doc referred me to my gyn doc and he has 25 yrs. exp. I had told someone the same thing "I dont need it anyway". I am 47 yrs old. This site is wonderful to be able to vent. Helps alot. They tell me the conditions will only continue to worsen so I might as well get it over with now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register