Anxiety!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Anxiety!!

I've only made one other post the other day as I was heading to my pre-op.

Everything went great. He walked me through the surgery (di Vinci) and I'm sure I turned all kinds of different shades of green. I get slightly queezy when it comes to medical proceedures.

I've had my surgery scheduled for 3 weeks now and I am down to 1 week left. 1 week from today.

So far I've been feeling really - what's the word I'm looking for - separated? from it all. I have 3 beautiful children. My youngest is 6 and I don't want more. I have no attachment to my uterus at all. I am not one who clings to keeping it. I am more in the "take it!" team. Though the last few days I am getting really anxious. I do have high anxiety levels so that doesn't help. I've had surgery before to take my gallbladder out and everything went fine then - so I know I can do it.....I'm just..... I don't even know how to explain it.

I just feel......sad! Definatly not sad over losing my uterus....definatly not sad about never having my period again .....just sad! Did anyone else feel over emotional as it came down to it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Re: Anxiety!!

yes, I did! It was a strange feeling to be sad about the surgery, I think it was for me I somehow felt a loss of part of me...and it made me sad. What I can say after surgery is that the feeling continued after...but I'm now at peace with it all and glad I had the surgery. Hugs to you
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:34 PM

I found out a month ago I was going to have to have a hysterectomy and today I visited the urologist and found out there us a lot more going on n there than I thought( a whole lot more)I have kids and no plans in anymore I am very happy I am going to be fixed and pain free and I can't wait not to ever have a period again! I have been n a funk too I don't want to do anything or go anywhere I think this is normal and it will get better as long as we have a great support system and god we will b wonderful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2012, 09:35 PM

cbontrager,

What you are feeling is normal - there can be a lot of emotional turmoil with this surgery. This surgery is more intimate than other surgeries. It seems like they are taking a part of you. I don't want to scare you, but after surgery can also be very emotional as well, whether or not you keep your ovaries. I understand the mourning over loosing this part of you.

Allow yourself these feelings. Give yourself time to digest this - it may take well after your surgery before all is sorted out. You need to allow yourself time to heal - mind, body and soul. And we are here to help and support you. We really understand what you are going through.

Unread 05-11-2012, 08:10 AM

A funk. Yes, that is what it is. I just don't want to do anything! I want to sit and mope. haha!

I'm sure it is going to be an emotional month up ahead of me. I'm prepared for that.
Unread 05-11-2012, 07:33 PM

So very understandable! This is not the way it was planned, is it? I would say that you are allowed to mope. This is really a big deal - don't let any one tell you different.

in there....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register