Glad it's over. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Glad it's over. Glad it's over.

Unread 01-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Glad it's over.

LSH,BSO
Hope I got that right, I looked at the list and hope I didn't forget the abrev. already. Narcotics.

I had the robot assisted surgery, with the DaVinci robot. Amazing. I was up walking and eating within hours and they let took out my cath that evening. They let me get up and pee myself.

I came home the next morning. I have done better than I expected. I stopped the Percocet a few days ago, but am still taking the simethecone (sp?) as I still am not farting right! LOL

I am on the Vivelle dot patch at .01. I am only 34 so my doc felt the symptoms would be worse. I have been crying all evening, I guess he is right. Grey's Anatomy set me off.

I am so glad I found this website this evening. Just 3 months ago I was on a IVF support website, trying to have a baby. Instead of being able to create a new life, my fertility doctor saved mine. Thanks Dr B!

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Glad it's over.

Welcome! We are the same age, so if you ever want to talk, I'm here! The ladies here are wonderful and very supportive!
Unread 01-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Glad it's over.

It's nice to know there are so many of us who are young on here. People are shocked I had a hysterectomy at 32. But we do what we have to. Glad you're doing so well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Glad it's over.

Hi Jen,
Your not the only one that shed a few tears last night while watching Grey's.. WOWZERS!!
I'm glad your doing so well, I'm sure your body is just about ready to fart ... Some times it's all in what you eat and time for the gas bubbles to start fermenting...
We are here if you need any type of support.. Don't hesitant to post any time. Someone is always hanging out on this great site!!!
Have a nice relaxing day....and tell your body to start tooting!!
's
Deb
Unread 01-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Glad it's over.

Jen if your interested in the procedure you had done and are not squemish, do a search for OR-live. They show real hysterectomies and the de vinci is under the U of mich broadcast. You will need real player to watch, its about an hour long.
Unread 01-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Glad it's over.

Hi Katie_Scarlett I am 32 and had a hyster on Dec 26th for prolapse as well!
Unread 01-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Glad it's over.

I have not cried since I had my hyst. I didn't cry before my surgery when they told me I had to have one. I really expected to grieve over having the surgery and shed some tears from the hormonal changes, but I haven't. And I'm not a tough guy--a sappy commercial can bring tears to my eyes. But I just feel like I kinda went numb when they told me I might have cancer and the numbness has remained.

And then I watched Gray's. Not only was the scene touching on it's own, but really brought home what I had gone through, with the tube down the throat and the risks involved in all of it. I fought my tears when I watched it the first time since my family was all around me, but then, once they had all gone to bed, I watched it again and just sobbed. It was so many things rolled into one--losing my own father, the trauma of the hysterectomy, the choices we are forced to make regarding our health care, and I'm sure part of it was from being tired of being in pain after five weeks.

I think it was good to let it all out finally and I'm not surprised that my favorite show and my favorite character (George) were the ones who helped me let loose.

Hysterless Jen, I'm glad everything went so well for you and you are healing well. I'm sure the gas problem will pass, so to speak, and you will be feeling better every day.

Judy
Unread 01-19-2007, 11:41 PM
!

Looks like Grey's got to a few of us. There have been a few episodes that have done that. When Christina had a miscarriage was a tough one too. It still makes me cry when I think of it; I had a miscarriage in March 2006, my only pregnancy.
I hope this emotional stuff passes quickly. I can't handle it. My husband told me he wanted a divorce three weeks after I found out I had cancer, so things have been kinda rough. That was Oct 1. I just had the surgery last week, he was there and supportive, but then I found out today that he moved a girlfriend into our house a month ago. Unbelievable! And to be dealing with post-op hormones too? He's lucky all I did was yell tonight!
I am finally passing gas sucessfully without a lot of pain. My bowels are moving well, so well I wonder where it is all coming from. Did I get that constipated??? Holy Cow! Anyone else experience this?
Otherwise doing well. Drove today! Yeay!! Will go back to work Monday part time! The surgery and recovery went so much better than I expected. I love ROBOTS!!!!
Hope everyone else is doing well!
Jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register