Sex.....and lot of thanks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex.....and lot of thanks Sex.....and lot of thanks

Unread 07-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Sex.....and lot of thanks

1st I want to say thank you to ALL the posters who gave me advance after having surgery and not being able to use the bathroom. Yes I have finally gone on my own. It's still few and far in between but I have made progress.

Ok, here's my question about sex. Forget what the doctor may tell me, I want to know what you think. I was told that I'm supposed to wait 6 weeks, is the absolutely necessary? Have any of you done it before the 6 week mark? The reason I'm asking is because my 1st anniversay is in 2 weeks, just before the 6 week mark........and girl I want to give it to my husband.....lol. Advice please.........again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 11:10 AM

Nowwhat,

That would put you 5 weeks into recovery? It really depends on the healing process. Can you see if you can go in before your anni and have the doctor check you? Its better to listen to him, he is seeing and feeling whats going on. If the cuff isnt healed it can cause problems. I read a post here where the girl didnt wait and it did major damage and she had to have the cuff repaired. It really messed her up. I got the red flag at 4 week check up and she told me no sex, I wasnt healed enough. I went in 10 days later and walked out with the green flag. Maybe you could give it to your hubby in other ways...lol...
Unread 07-12-2005, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat5569
Forget what the doctor may tell me, I want to know what you think. I was told that I'm supposed to wait 6 weeks, is the absolutely necessary? Have any of you done it before the 6 week mark?
Only your doctor can tell if you have healed enough to resume sexual relations with your husband. When other members resumed sexual activity should have no bearing on your own personal recovery. Please read this article on post op sex:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa....php?id=121468

Not waiting for clearance from your doctor could have severe consequences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Going to wait

My dr. said not for 7 weeks. The possibility of messing something up and having a set back is worth the wait.
Unread 07-12-2005, 05:26 PM

Move up your appointment, don't do it without being checked, read all the awful things that can happen, things that cannot be fixed even.
Unread 07-12-2005, 06:14 PM

Okay, Okay I already know I am bad and didn't follow my doc orders of six weeks I wanted to give my hubby a birthday present during my 5th week post op (it had been close to three months since we had sex). Fortunately for me, everything went fine but I was so scared the next day. I suggest you read the articles that the wonderful ladies have on ...i believe the hyster articles or resources before hand. I read them afterwards and was so afraid of infection. Like I said, luckily everything went fine for me but I see now how serious I could have hurt myself. I just wasn't worth the one more week before I got the green light.

If you can, please schedule a new appointment a little earlier (if you have to tell your doc your leaving town) or plan on giving your DH another great present. You only get this one time to do it right.....and many other anniversaries to celebrate
Unread 07-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Sex Can't wait

I only had to wait 4 weeks, TVH, and I couldn't, my husband was reluctant, he was afraid of tearing something up. I broke him down 3 days before the full 4 weeks, it wasn't too hard, he was weak too. And that is another thing, it is so much better : ok thats enough. Have fun, Sarah
Unread 07-12-2005, 07:03 PM

I had a LATVH and at my 6 post op this past Friday my Dr. said tw more wks. I believe I got the silver nitrate treatment also. I would have asked but at the time I was trying not to pass out from holding my breath b/c the dang speculum didn't feel real well. I wasn't in great pain but I didn't like the feeling at all.

Here is what he said, looking at it you can't tell if you had surgery 6 wks ago or 6 yrs ago but there is a big difference between healing tissue and toughened tissue. He said even in two wks it will be touch and go.

I think I'll take him at his word seeing as how my exam was very uncomfortable and he was very gentle.
Unread 07-12-2005, 08:49 PM

Hi,
I am 7 weeks toady and yesterday I had my 6 week follow-up(a little late on the 6 week mark.) I was given clearance to resume all activities I choose to do including sex. Yippee!!
However, DH and I have not yet. Actually I wanted to last night, but he had to write a paper and have it in before midnight and by the time he was done, I was sooo tired!

Who knows... maybe tonight.
s to all,
Kristi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register