4 months today - anyone else | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 months today - anyone else 4 months today - anyone else

Unread 08-19-2005, 10:07 AM
4 months today - anyone else

Hi everyone! Today is 4 months from me and in the past week or two I've begun to live my almost normal life and have been in a lot of pain. Is this normal? Sometimes it's not so bad, other times it's VERY painful. I'm assuming it's just me overdoing it. Other than that things seem to be going okay. How is everyone else doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2005, 11:19 AM

Hi Lisa. I'm at 4 months too. I still get some pain if I've been "overdoing it". It's usually not bad enough that I'm pushed to take something for the pain. I'm just reaching the point where I can lay on my stomach, though sometimes I wake in the night in pain and have to go back to laying on my side. Then it fades.

I'm on HRT which has been working fine for the hot flushes, and I'm experimenting with things for vaginal dryness. Just started using Replens, so I'll see how that goes. It's not serious, and something I was experiencing before surgery anyway.

Other than that I'm doing fine. My iron levels are finally going up and I have more energy, I'm sleeping fine, and I don't have to tell my kids I'm too tired to do things with them anymore! <g>

A friend of mine who had a hyst about 15 years ago said it was about a year before she felt "normal" again. Not that she had pain all that time, just the occasional twinges. I know I haven't reached the point where I go days without thinking about the fact I had surgery, I'm looking forward to that.

Hope the other 4 monthers are doing fine.

HollyK
Unread 08-19-2005, 02:28 PM

Almost at the 4mth stage and still getting twinges when i've done too much.It seems so long ago now that i actually forget i've had a hyst at all untill the pains start up.I really feel like my monthly is gonna start and my mood swings are up and down like a yo-yo.I guess things will eventually settle down in time but until then i suppose we will have to put up with it ,Its a small price to pay for the freedom the hyst has given us all!!I dont suppose the feeling of numbness in my thigh and groin will ever return to normal Theres been no change in that at all,but everything else seems to be settling down bit by bit ,So Happy 4mth anniversary to us all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2005, 04:13 PM

I am a 4 monther too and am seeing improvement every week. Am back at work half days and am not feeling as tired at the end of the 6 hours so am going to try for 8 hours next week working to 12 hour days in September. I have pain when I overdo exercise and only have swelly belly now when I exercise. Other than that I feel so much better than before and don't even think about what time of month it is anymore!
Unread 08-19-2005, 05:12 PM

Thanks, ladies. It's nice to know that we're at about the same place. I guess I've just always been an inpatient person and figured this would be over by now.

Best wishes
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:39 PM

It's kinda hard to believe we have missed 4 cycles now isn't it? Yeah....like any of us miss that inconvience!
I feel pretty good, I have started really exercising hard in the last 3 weeks and I am beat. I do get days still where I have done too much, and the occasional twinges, but nothing a couple of advil take away.
Looking back I still feel the hyst was the best thing for me to have done.
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:46 PM

I am also at 4 months as of the 17th and have had some pain and bleeding recently. I really didn't have that much pain before but now that I am exercising and living a more normal life my body decides to remind me once in awhile that I did have major surgery only 4 months ago. Only a few organs taken right!?!? Good luck.
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Me too....

It will be 4 months tomorrow since my TAH. I'm doing pretty good. I need to start exercising on a regular basis though. Started back to work part time last month. My doctor and I are still working on the amount of estrogen that will work for me. Anyway, It just doesn't seem like it's been 4 months now....
bren

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register