Almost 5 weeks & still no simple housework :( - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 5 weeks & still no simple housework :( Almost 5 weeks & still no simple housework :(

Unread 08-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Almost 5 weeks & still no simple housework :(

Gurlie you are so right! I was feeling quite good, that last Fri I just thought that vacuuming a little would not hurt.... Oh boy was I wrong sore for the remainder of the weekend. Saw Doc at my 3 week follow-up and he was quite upset. Everthing looked ok, but I could really have done some damage. I am being extra careful. So please ladies take it easy, I know it is much easier said than done, but like Gurlie said "we only have one opportunity to heal" . Happy healing to all.

Judith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2005, 01:53 AM

Shauna,
It seems that you mention having to do your schoolwork an awful lot......have you been goofing off on the Hyster Sisters site and letting your studies go by the wayside? lol.........Good luck with school. I think that's awesome

Jennifer
Unread 08-17-2005, 04:02 AM

Hi Jennifer,

I too think what Shauna's doing is awesome! She is just ploughing through the work and chatting to me online and dropping in on the hystersisters are her treat for accomplishing her set tasks. At this stage in her recovery to have the presence of mind to even take on such a challenge is remarkable.

Take care...........Karen
Unread 08-17-2005, 05:39 AM

Hi Shauna,

I hope you are feeling better this morning!

Here's an idea for preparing dinner that worked for me the first few times I cooked....

Buy all the ingredients, with DH or DD to push the cart and fetch things, one or two days ahead of time.

Do all the prep work early in the day, just after I finished my breakfast, morning walk, and shower.

Rest on recliner or take a nap.

Clean up the kitchen early afternoon. (No mopping, no lifting, no sweeping, no taking out the trash).

Rest on the recliner or take a nap.

Pour glass of wine for myself and pull a beer for DH when he arrives home. Sit on front porch and chat.

Cook dinner together.

Eat, then back to the front porch.

Load dishwasher together, DH took out trash, I wiped off the counters...

Back to front porch with more wine and beer or a glass of water.

If I was still feeling good then I'd take another walk, if not......I'd change to my nightgown, sit on the front porch to chat for a bit....and then went off to bed to watch TV....

Because of my fatigue, I had to break up my activities far more than I had anticipated. One good thing to come from this is I became better at being patient about 'getting things done'.....

How are your studies going?
Unread 08-17-2005, 10:47 AM

Thanks for the encouragement and the ideas! I am tying to do just little bits at a time. For me it isn't just the fatigue - but rather the pain that comes from doing too much... I just have to give it more time...

As for the studies... I lost my job atthe end of June so I am re-training but I have to have done 5 pre-req's before I can start my program. Karen is right - I am taking breaks and coming here to catch up with new friends or do postings as a reward... You can pray for me as I am slugging my way thru Math 12 and Chem 11 right now... Eng 12 and Phyics 11 will be next followed by Bio 12 - THEN I get to start my real program!! Cardiology Technician...

Yesterday was a low energy day and I just plain didn't feel good... hopefully today will be a better day...

The dog is looking like he would like to go for a walk - so I think I will start with that to get my day going (notice I came here first though!!)...

Hugs!

Shauna
Unread 08-19-2005, 11:14 PM

Ok - I saw the doc today... my GP that is... I have the proof that I need to take it easy still.. I noticed a big soft lump above my naval - turns out this almost softball size lump is a BIG bruise... guess it will take a while to go away...

I also started some stomach meds as tummy still isn't back to normal - nor is most of the digestive system yet... and I got a SLEEPING pill! YEAH!! Hopefully no more getting to sleep at 7 or 9 AM anymore!!

Hugs!

Shauna

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register