shots and something to heal part of a cuff | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

shots and something to heal part of a cuff shots and something to heal part of a cuff

Unread 09-27-2005, 03:47 PM
shots and something to heal part of a cuff

ok i went in today because of the top of my vergina was still hurting on the right side in the corner. so i went in to see my new obgyn and she told me that there is a flap of skin there and it isnt healed. so she put on some sort of silver nitrate or something like that there along with a shot to numb the place and well now i am going to the bathroom and on the toilet paper is black stuff!
is that the nitrate stuff??? i am aching and it is stinging........i hope this is normal!!! i have to go back in in 3 weeks to see if that helped at all and i have to get some sort of steriod shot along with the numb stuff at that time.

has anyone here had that nitrate stuff on there insusion site and did it work for them?? is that what is refered to as a vaginal cuff??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2005, 04:07 PM

Did you have your hyst. in 2003. If so I wonder why it hasn't healed yet.
Unread 09-27-2005, 04:36 PM

I was to the doctor yesterday and I guess I had the same thing done. They told me I would have a black discharge, maybe for a couple of days. They told me it is normal to have a clear discharge as well. I think what happens is that the vaginal cuff they do once they remove everthing isn't healing quite like it should. The silver nitrate cauterizes the unwanted tissue or whatever which is suppose to promote healing. I had a post earlier today and I was refered to a different part of the site which had excellent information. I think I have the link for that info
I hope I have that right. Computers aren't really my thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2005, 04:38 PM

I just posted the previous messaage and then tried the link, it didn't work. Check today's messages, mine was called "tissue granulation" Sorry about that.
Pam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register