I am in shock | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am in shock I am in shock

Unread 08-19-2005, 12:58 PM
I am in shock

sisters, help! I just had a visit with my regular doctor to go over lab work. I just found out I have type II diabetes! I am in shock and denial and a whole bunch of other garbarge I have no idea how to handle. when i had my hysterectomy in June to remove fibroids surgeon also found out i had endo and pelvic adhesive disease and now to find out I am diabetic....I cried the whole 21 mile trip back to my office and even had to pull over to the side of the road once because i felt like I had to throw up.. agggg I just want to feel good again! please tell me this will happen. I should have seen this coming, my mother is diabetic...my doctor has put me on oral medication and scheduled me to see a counselor. She had no answer how my former dr or the hospital missed this...anyway thanks for letting me vent about something totally unrelated to hysterectomies.
I am much calmer now....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2005, 01:12 PM
I am in shock

I'm so sorry to hear this. I don't have any answers but by replying to this will bump you up so maybe of the other sisters can help!
Unread 08-19-2005, 01:21 PM
I am in shock

I have no magic answer but the counselor, I am assuming is a dietary counselor is what I was thinking when I started to read. The dietary counselor is a great beginning. WHEN you do get you sugar within a normal range you will began to feel so much better. Eat right and exercise and I believe you will see a big difference.

GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2005, 02:01 PM
I am in shock

it's really tough on you this happening altogether!! I also have type 2 diabetes. Once your blood sugars are controlled you will feel so much better. Your energy levels will increase and you will start to realise when you feel better that actually you've been under the weather for a while.
diabetes is a serious condition which takes time to adjust to but in the long run with your treatment for that and your surgery you will truly be a new woman with loads of energy.
I wish you well with coming to terms with diabetes and also wish you a speedy recovery from your surgery
Jean
Unread 08-19-2005, 08:35 PM
I am in shock

Hugs!!

I am pre-diabetic so I can relate - I need to loose weight and I am working on it...

My mom (adopted) is also Type-II and she has done WONDERFUL - she is very careful on what she eats and she takes 2 meds to control it - but she hasn't had a problem since she found out almost 4 years ago now... she has more energy than me!!

Read up what you can - it does need to be taken seriously - but it doesn't mean the end of a good life...

Hugs!

Shauna
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:00 PM
I am in shock

Sometimes doesn't it feel like life has delivered one too many blows? When you are already down and can hardly breathe? Cry your eyes out and grieve. Let yourself come to terms with this news in your own time and own way. It stinks and it is not fair.
I am sorry you have to deal with this on top of everything else. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Marg
Unread 08-20-2005, 08:58 AM
I am in shock

I can so relate! I had my hyst on 7/12/05. Went in to the doctors office three days ago to get blood work to see where hormones were and found that I am now diabetic. I knew it was coming- my whole family history has diabetes. It think for me, it isn't the end of the world - but an awakening. I knew I needed to lose weight, but pcos was a factor in my lack of weight control. So now a lot of my 'bad choices' have been taken out of my control. I now HAVE to eat right. I HAVE to lose weight. And these things will help me. I am trying to take and keep a positive bent to both the hysterectomy (which came out of the blue) and now the diabetes. I also have High Blood Pressure. I know it can be overwhelming. I feel for your distress. It is totally shocking. Please hang in there and know that your doctor will work with you to make things better. I just started glucophage yesterday. It made me sick last night and is giving me diarhea, but in a week things will be better. The glucophage supposedly makes weight loss easier in addition to bringing my blood sugar down. I have to learn a whole new way of eating - low carb and no sugar. No more krispy kremes! But we can survive! We are woman.

LAVH/BSO/PAVD on 7/12/05
Unread 08-20-2005, 10:00 AM
I am in shock

I found out I was diabetic two years ago- now I can say it's one of the best things that could of happened becaused it forced me to take care of myself- something nobody else could do for me! I lost 45 pounds and am off of all medications. I still have to lose more, but words cannot express how much beter I feel. Be carful- you will experience anger and hostility towards this disease. Work through it and DO NOT LET IT GET THE BEST OF YOU ( stress does not help). Make yourself and your health #1 priority and it will pay off. Good luck! YOU CAN DO IT!
Unread 08-20-2005, 10:39 AM
I am in shock

Just remember one thing. God doesn't give us anything that we can't handle. When something goes wrong in my life I try to think how lucky I am, and someone is worse off then me.

I just wanted to tell you my husband found out two years ago he has sugar. His Father, also had it. His Dad, had to take 3 shots a day for his. He did really well with all of this, and he had taken shots for 35 yrs. Right up until the time he died last year, of a heart attack.

My husband, is so good about watching what he eats, and he gets alot of exersice every day. Now he don't even have to take the pill.

He also had to go and see a dietary counselor. She was so much help with the both of us. I learned a new way of cooking. He feels like a new person. I'm sure you will too. It's alot to handle for you just having your hyst. and finding this out as well. I wish you the best!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register