Below Belly Button | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Work it Out - Fitness in Action

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Below Belly Button Below Belly Button

Unread 08-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Post - Below Belly Button Below Belly Button

It’s been about 12 years since my TVH. I am over 40 yrs; my kids are now in their teens, so now I want to start getting serious about losing weight. I do go to the gym and do the cardio and weights, trying to flatten my stomach. Lately I’ve been trying to make the connection to my surgery and my exercising. It seems that I have a “pull” in my stomach, just below my belly button, and the bottom of my stomach looks bulgy because of it. You can see just a bit of a line underneath my bulge. I’m wondering if when I had my surgery, the doctors stitched me up from the inside, they pulled a little bit of my stomach tissue while doing so. Does anybody else have this? I’m not sure if diet & exercise will get rid of this bulge, or if I have to live with it. Any ideas, comments?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Re: Below Belly Button

I noticed there were no replies on this. I was just thinking that maybe you have some scar tissue built up and/or maybe adhesions that have formed since the surgery was a while ago. This is just a thought, I am definately not a doctor but you might want to check into it. Adhesions can pull and cause pain....
Unread 10-10-2009, 07:53 AM

I think it also depends on what kind of exercises you are doing. If you are doing a lot of work with your ab muscles it's very easy to overdo it and pull a muscle without even realizes you did it until it hurts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2009, 08:21 AM

Another thought. Which type of incision did you have? I know the up-down incision can cause a lot of muscle issues that never get back to normal. My best friend has this problem

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register