5 weeks post LAVH-BSO and left-sided hip pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post LAVH-BSO and left-sided hip pain? 5 weeks post LAVH-BSO and left-sided hip pain?

Unread 11-14-2005, 04:33 PM
5 weeks post LAVH-BSO and left-sided hip pain?

I know I shouldn't be complaining after 5 years of constant cramping - which seems (fingers crossed) to have been mostly taken care of by the surgery, but hot **** - this hip pain isn't getting any better! My doctor told me that he did "most of the work" on my left side, which explains the slightly larger incision (though the scars from all three - belly button and right side plus that one) so I'd probably be hurting there, but it isn't the incision nor the area right below that hurts. It's my the semicircle of my hip....

Is it possible that they had to bend and stretch me so he could get at that area, so what I'm feeling now is a plain old charley-horse? I did have adhesions on that side, too (ghost of a previous lap where endo coating that ovary was removed), so it was probably a mess.....

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how long did it bother you?

Thanks and painfree wishes to all!

Hannah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2005, 06:59 PM
5 weeks post LAVH-BSO and left-sided hip pain?

I am having trouble with left side too. My incision is more on the left side and so I am more protective of that side. Whenever I have pain nine times out of ten it well be there. I don't know when it gets better but I hope for our sakes that it does.
Take care and don't worry too much. What gets to me is when someone else is doing so much better than I am I wonder what is wrong with me. We are all different and we should'nt compare ourselves with anyone else's progress.
Debbie
Unread 11-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Does yours radiate to your back?

For whatever reason, mine does...I hope it doesn't mean that new adhesions are forming or anything like that. It seems that the only reason I had adhesions to begin with was having had endo removed from my left ovary 4 years ago...so it seems to be a choice - would you like to keep your endo, or would you prefer adhesions instead and maybe some new endo, too? (Any fries with that? Nope...the hormones and pain meds have already supersized me!)

I wish we all did recover at the same rate - quickly - also completely! One older in-law in particular is truly getting on my nerves about my not being 100% yet...she's comparing my experience to that of a woman who seems to have had her hyst for the sole reason that she'd finished having her children and her doctor thought it would be a good idea. (This happened in the 1950s or 1960s, in another country.) Apparently this woman was fine right afterward...so why aren't I, she wants to know...what's wrong with ME?

This relative conveniently forgets that I've been in constant pain for five years and for probably half my time before that...either that, or she never believed me in the first place. So much for female solidarity!

Today I overdid it with errands, but noticed that walking does help stretch things out on the left side. Overdoing it did bring back some pain, however - we just have to find our tolerance level.

I hope you feel better soon!

Hannah

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register