Any Sisters At 10 Wks Post Op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any Sisters At 10 Wks Post Op? Any Sisters At 10 Wks Post Op?

Unread 11-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Any Sisters At 10 Wks Post Op?

im 10 wks and i still have pressure when i empty my bladder,i have no infection.Doc said it will be the stitches around the sheet of bladder???I had my post op check up yesterday ,but i find when you see different doctors all the time you get different answers,you end up confused.i didnt know they stitch any of your bladder.i had stitches on my bowel but they said that would have nothing to do with the relevant pain i have.
when i had op they said they kept my cervix then i asked them again yest and they said it was removed,
nyway iv had my moan-does anyone have this pressure pain after they have emptied the bladder?
i still have pulling,pinching pain on my incision but its after iv walked or stood 4 a while.
Im curious to know how my other sisters are doing at this stage of recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2005, 05:25 AM

Get a copy of the surgical and pathology reports. It is your body, and you certainly have the right to the facts of your surgery!
Unread 11-16-2005, 07:12 AM

I am 10 weeks post and have similar problems. I had bladder recon and when I empty my bladder I can feel it. Sometimes it hurts to the point of grabbing my stomach. My entire stomach is sore now. MD says no intimacy until 10 weeks and we are afraid to try. MD says don't worry, its only scar tissue, I guess it is also call adhesions. My MD would not even see me. I have to wait until the end of Dec to see him. My heart is with you. If you find relief, please let me know too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2005, 01:20 PM
hello Sunshine71

Hi Sunshine71 I am so glad you asked that question! Thank you for that. My name is Christine. I will be 9 weeks-post op this Thursday and My doc said no sex for 12 weeks. Yup...I'm not even interested ..to tell yous the truth. I am still on pain meds. I am in pain almost every day but only after having exhurted myself...getting in and out of my car, making the bed..small stuff like that still hurts me and my bones & joints ache every single night something awful...I also felt pain from the pressure when I'd pee. I still have a weird, yucky sort of feeling right up inside me when I pee altho I can't say that it's painful...anymore.I had PID years ago and I had an ovarian cyst (right side) that was attached to my bowel and so was my left fallopean tube. I was in a lot of pain prior to the surgery. What a freakin releif to see that I am not alone.
Some of it is hormonal too...I think. I have new pain that I never had before. I hate this hormone shot I am getting because it's ok for almost 2 weeks then it's a slow and steady downhill spiral from there with the night sweats coming more and more as time goes by. The night before the day I had my last shot I was up 5 times in the night, soaking wet with hot flashes, and emotionally, holy freakin you know what! lets just say it ain't pretty...yucky ca ca poo poo! I keep telling myself that I just had a hysterectomy and that the recovery is up to a year, that's inside & out so, grab the bull with both hands Sunshine 1971 and get all your medical reports that you can. Educate yourself and DTA (Don't Trust Anyone, even doctors)
God bless you, I hope you get all the answers you need and that you feel better soon..
Love & peace Christine aka Sweetleaf
Unread 11-16-2005, 04:01 PM

I'm at 10 weeks too. But can honestly say I haven't had any problems at all. My only complaint is the belly. I am still one size too big to fit in my pre-op clothes! I do exercise and do alot of house work since I don't work outside of the home. I tend to make myself stop if I'm feeling any bit of pain or tired. Which is good since I know that just because I was released for all activity at 6 weeks it doesn't necessarily mean I am completely healed up. I hope everyone start feeling better!
Unread 11-16-2005, 04:56 PM

I am 7 weeks post-op and just returned to work this Monday. Being on my feet during work has made me ache more than I did at 5-6 weeks so I know I need to try and take it easy (not running errands).

My doc told me that some people will "always" feel some discomfort/pulling because of the internal healing and subsequent scar tissue.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register