What should I do? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What should I do? What should I do?

Unread 01-09-2002, 06:14 PM
What should I do?

Hi Everyone,
Wow, since I have found this site, I am online many hours after work. Get dinner for husband and son, then on to the computer. I just have one question. My Surgery is scheduled for January 23rd. My son (33) recently injured his back in a job related insident (Ruptured Disk). As each day goes by, he is getting worse. Staying at our house now as he has just been through a divorce. He cannot stay alone as he can't walk. Has to lay down on the rug to eat. Tomorrow he is scheduled for an Epidural. That is suppose to help. My son has joint custody of his son and has him every other week. He will get him the week after my surgery. I am thinking that maybe I should postpone my surgery for a while until he gets well. With this kind of injury, it could be quite a while. My son says not to cancel as well as my husband. My mother is coming to stay with us for two weeks to help everyone out after my surgery. She is 90 years old and is doing very well living by herself. I don't think she will be able to lift a baby (2 years old) though. My husband says everything will work out and I should go ahead. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2002, 06:20 PM
Hi

One thought could your son let his exwife take care of him just until you and he get better? Just a suggestion. You can not lift anything either. No lifting, bending, sweeping nothing but , plenty of water and juice, and small paths through the house. I don't think your Mom can handle a 2 year old by herself and you will hurt yourself if you try to help. Think situtation now after surgery it is too late. Have you dicussed this with your DR? God bless. Hope it all goes ok. Let us know.
Unread 01-09-2002, 06:43 PM
Your husband may suprise you

If you need the surgery, and your family is supporting that idea. Maybe it is time to take care of you.

This may be a great time for grandpa to really be a grandpa. It is an amazing thing to see

It sounds like you are the person who is use to taking care of everything and everyone.

Well, it is your turn, while it is difficult to watch. Trust me it can be done. I am living proof. I have not lifted a grandchild in 3 weeks and 2 days. and counting.

Do as much preperation as you can, for the needs of your family and prepare for your needs, there are many threads that offer suggestions of what you may need when you get out. Then prepare to rest, drink, and watch. while not easily done it is possiable.

Take care
Caa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register