Recovering | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Recovering

Thank you for your well wishes. I feel fine. I had a little trouble putting on my socks the other day and felt like a pulled a muscle in my lower back! Ouch! I have been eating light meals and resting. I am getting tired of being in bed, but am taking it easy. This website is a little hard to navigate, but I will get used to it. Thanks for your support!
Mags1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Re: Recovering

Glad you're doing well Mags. I haven't really figured out the sock thing yet either. I was able to put them on myself once, but haven't done it again. Too much bending. I've just stuck with a pair of slip on crocks for going outside and blanket inside when my feet get cold.
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:37 PM

Those socks are tough. I had to ask my hubby to do it before he left for work. I promise that it does get better. I am a month out. Hang in there. Ask for help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2012, 09:59 AM

Hi Sisters!
I feel a little better every day! I feel like I can walk more upright and no more gas pain....I do still cough a little and burp a lot. I was wondering how long before I eat 3 regular meals? This is day 5 after surgery and I am still eating soups and some breads with an occasional egg. I am taking a daily stool softener because I am worried about getting constipated. I don't know how long I should be careful about my incisions either. I still shower separately, and wash my hair in the sink. Hubby was asking me when I was going to shower and wash my hair together and I told him it didn't matter, because I'm not going anywhere anyway! LOL!
I had another question, but I can't think of it now....
Mags
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:28 AM

I found if I sit on the edge of the bed and slowly pull on my pant legs I can get my foot up without bending. It makes putting socks on alot easier by yourself.

I never thought about showering and cleaning hair separately. I usually wash hair first in the shower and proceed down. But anyway...like you said does it matter?!? My next big adventure into the public is to the doctor to get my staples out. So, I might spiff up a bit more for that but not much. He's seen me at my worst from probably every angle anyway so its all uphill from here - lol.

I was told to possibly expect to take a daily stool softener for the first 4-6 weeks.

Eating, I ate my first real meal last night (first time since last Sunday night). Probably only about 2 oz of plain grilled chicken no skin and 2 T of mashed potatoes. Definitely no appetite just yet.

Its early and we're making progress every day. Keep up the recovery = )
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:38 AM

Had my surgery last Monday and I've been eating regular foods, just small portions. I am so ready for these external incisions to heal.
Unread 12-02-2012, 06:41 AM

Hey Slick and Sisters,
I found that sitting on the edge of the bed works for me too! Much easier thanks! I am getting nervous about driving to my post op appt on the 12th, but it will have been 15 days after surgery, so I should be okay. I walked to the mailbox yesterday(which is across the street) and went down a small hill...it felt a little weird in my tummy. Are you guys sleeping on your back still? I find this tough as I like to sleep on my side. I put a pillow there to buffer. So stool softeners 4-6 weeks? That is good to know. Thanks for your replies! Keep healing!
Mags
Unread 12-02-2012, 07:20 AM

They had me rotating from back to both sides right after surgery. I'm glad they did as I'm not a back sleeper. I just keep gauze pads with the cloth tape on incisions for protection. And keep a front and back pillow for extra support. (a small one between your knees can help too).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register