sweating (drips off body), 99.9 fever, freezing, tummy pain and soo emotional.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sweating (drips off body), 99.9 fever, freezing, tummy pain and soo emotional.. sweating (drips off body), 99.9 fever, freezing, tummy pain and soo emotional..

Unread 09-20-2005, 05:01 PM
sweating (drips off body), 99.9 fever, freezing, tummy pain and soo emotional..

okay ladies, i am so bummed about my recovery..after my visit in th ER on saturday I posted about..l was fine..I over did things...wow, I really did not do much but I guess the body really wants me down.

Now...I am sweating so badly (this comes in waves), drips from my pits, breasts and and "creases" , dr told me to watch for fever so i take it about 3 times a day and it goes fom normal to 99.9 for awhile then normal...then my hands & feet are freezing... today sharp pains in tummy during BM. I am blessed since day 3 I have had normale BM, take stool softeners and I go 2-4 x's a day so not blocked ...I mean the pain hurts, had this pain prior to surgery thought it was uterus related.....was not always BM related but sometimes...

called, see dr at 10:45a tomorrow she is delivering a baby now so not back in time today.

I really need some encouragement, my hubby and I have a party with 30 people to renew our vows on Oct 1 ...I can't imagine it happening...I am emotional and don't want to make any hasty decisions. i find me crying alone and don't want to cry with others...i try to "keep it together" but I am cracking! Help ladies, I am a mess.
Thanks for lisening. I really cherish our online freindships!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2005, 05:08 PM

You are so early in your recovery. Please don't be so discouraged yet. It took me 2 1/2 wks befor going to the bathroom wasn't bring me to tears process.
As far as the sweats go, did you have your ovaries removed? if so, you may need hormones. If you didn't, Your ovaries need some time to realize they still have a purpose. I went through hot flashes almost immediately after surgery. They gradually faded and at 2 1/2 weeks, they were non exsistent. I kept both of my ovaries.
Hang in there it does get better. It's hard in the beginning because all you can do is focus on all your discomfort. Hope you feel better soon.
October 1st is early but if all goes normal, you should be able to smile with sincerety.
Unread 09-20-2005, 05:17 PM

I also had the low grade fever for a few week's after surgery. I have the painful bowell's also. Are you taking any type of fiber? If so, I learned the hard way the gas it provides us with is very painful.

I am 4 week's post op now and the hot flashes are fewer between than right after surgery. It all does get better, hang in there and many, many hug's to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2005, 05:40 PM

Hi Nicole and fellow Phoenix sister .... Hang in there!! I had my surgery 4 weeks ago today. I still have some painful BMs and still sore to sit at times and pain, Hey I spent yesterday afternoon in bed!! I saw the dr today for a post op and told here all my little issues. She said when you start feeling bad go lay down- I'm pushing myself too much. It takes more time than we thought!!! Be patient with yourself!! Are you working?
As far as the painful potty episodes... start taking fiber and get off the stool softners. I started using Benefiber powder in my coffee- 1 Tbsp every am and if I'm particularly bloated I'll do another in cereal or hot tea before bed. But take some every day!! It gets less painful as time goes on. The first time after surgery I thought I was going to rip the stitches out!!!
Are you taking any HRT? My dr said that even though I didn''t want to she suggested it for 6 months to help balance my body out. The hot flashed are fewer and I'm not AS emotional.But remember -you had MAJOR surgery and it's a bid shock to your system no matter what procedures you had. Ya know? Take it day by day-they are all different!
Hope you're feeling better soon. Kathy
Unread 09-20-2005, 05:48 PM

Hi...I hate to hear that you are going through this..I had a fever off and on for a few weeks, and very painful bms/gas pains around weeks 2/3. My gas pain made me want to curl up on the couch and not move, but that is not the answer. Sisters suggested walking and upping fiber, and I am at 6 weeks now, and about the beginning of last week, I felt a huge - HUGE- improvement. You are a few weeks away from that - but it will happen. I want you to know that I had uterus, ovaries and tubes removed, and was placed on the Climara patch, which has really prevented me from most of the menopausal symptoms that you are having, and has been a very big help. Remember to put yourself and your health first - if you arent up to Oct 1, maybe you could reschedule it for mid-late October. It is my hope that you feel better soon, and can start to enjoy yourself again!
Sending a big hug.
Unread 09-20-2005, 08:36 PM

As all the other sisters have indicated, things do get better. Someone also said to judge progress not day by day but week by week. This took some getting used to but is actually a better way to judge how you're doing. It took several weeks before the pain from gas/bowels started subsiding for me. Walking helps as does drinking lots of water. As for the crying, well -- I started the Climara patch the night of my surgery so I haven't had the night sweats, hot flashes, etc. I have had crying episodes. In talking with friends who've had C-sections and hysts, I think that's pretty normal. We've had a lot to adjust to and deal with. Good luck with your doctor's appointment tomorrow. You and DH should make a decision about the anniversary next week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register