New and nervous.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New and  nervous.. New and nervous..

Unread 08-20-2008, 03:19 PM
New and nervous..

Hi everyone..
I'm so glad I'm stumbled onto this site.. I've been lurking for awhile and finally got my surgery date this week.. I'm scheduled for a LAVH on 9/8.. I'm really nervous and relieved to some extent that the pain will finally go away..

A little about me.. I'm 28 and a mommy to 3 beautiful kiddos.. I started having female problems after my C-section in 04 and it's continually gotten worse.. I have 2 cycles a month with a 12 day break in between.. I also have severe cramping, pain during my cycles and ovulation, and cysts on my right ovary... We've tried several methods to get things under control but they haven't worked..
My Dr. feels the LAVH would be the best option for me at this point, and I trust her completely..

A couple of my biggest fears are general anethesia and how the hysterectomy will effect the intimate side of my marriage.. Reading several of the other post here has eased my fears to some degree...

For the ladies that's had a LAVH.. How long of a recovery did you have ? We have a missionary friend and his wife from India that are coming to stay with us 4 wks after my surgery.. They will be with us for almost 2 months.. Do you think that's enough recovery time ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2008, 08:40 PM
New and nervous..

Hi, I didn't have a LAVH, but I wanted to stop by and welcome you to Hyster Sisters.

General anesthesia is always scary until you actually experience it. Then you'll realize it's no problem at all. You just close your eyes then in what seems the next moment, you open then again in recovery.

As for your recovery time, I'm not sure how up to having company you will be at 4-weeks post-op. As long as you don't overdo it though, you should be okay. Just remember, you only get one chance at a good recovery.

Good luck and s,

Lisa
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:20 PM
New and nervous..

Thanks for the welcome Shashi..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Welcome!

As someone who is 7 dpo, I want to welcome you and encourange you. First off, I was terrified as well of the anethesia, but all I remember is them helping me move to the operating table, and next thing, I'm in recovery with an oxygen mask and morphine drip! I'm in no pain, have not really had any pain, just lots of soreness and achiness. I had a sah, and right now I'm kind of itchy. Just take a deep breath, if you are religious, ask your God to watch over you, and it will be over before you know it. My surgery was 8/13, and I'm excited about 8/26, cuz that's my 2 week post op exam, and I'm excited about driving again.

Please be good to yourself and share all your worries with us. We can help make this an easy experience.

Hugs, xxoo,
Kathy
Unread 08-21-2008, 10:16 AM
New and nervous..

Thanks Kathy... Your post really encouraged me...
I guess waiting is the hardest part..
Unread 08-21-2008, 01:01 PM
New and nervous..

Yes, unfortunately, waiting was the hardest part for me as well. I tried to imagine what I would be going through, and now it's already been a week. Right now I can happily say I am in no pain, just sore and sleep is my constant companion. lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register