Hysterectomy moved | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy moved Hysterectomy moved

Unread 12-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Hysterectomy moved

My surgery is rescheduled for December 9th and I was very frustrated when I received that call. My anxiety is high anyway due to this surgery and the waiting part is driving me crazy. The nurse just told me that doctor decided not to operate on December 2nd and that is all I was told.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Hysterectomy moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mila333 View Post
My surgery is rescheduled for December 9th and I was very frustrated when I received that call. My anxiety is high anyway due to this surgery and the waiting part is driving me crazy. The nurse just told me that doctor decided not to operate on December 2nd and that is all I was told.
I totally understand how this messes with your head. I was supposed to have surgery Dec 16 now it's Jan 7. It's actually a good thing. At first I was so upset since I was planning, scheduling and managing the whole thing. Now that I have had the time to really read up on this and all the support on this site has eased my anxiety. I've resigned myself I can't squeeze this into my schedule. I've had to open up a much larger time frame in my schedule which at first disappointed me how much I will miss out on. Now it has relaxed me. Weird. Now I have more time to get all the things done I was freaking out over. Good luck.
Unread 12-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Re: Surgery moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia chick View Post
I totally understand how this messes with your head. I was supposed to have surgery Dec 16 now it's Jan 7. It's actually a good thing. At first I was so upset since I was planning, scheduling and managing the whole thing. Now that I have had the time to really read up on this and all the support on this site has eased my anxiety. I've resigned myself I can't squeeze this into my schedule. I've had to open up a much larger time frame in my schedule which at first disappointed me how much I will miss out on. Now it has relaxed me. Weird. Now I have more time to get all the things done I was freaking out over. Good luck.
Thank you I guess I will have more time for Christmas Shopping now, but I am still upset about cancelation. The another good thing about moving my surgery to next week is that my period is going to be over and I don't have to worry about that.
The frustrating things are that I had to talk to my boss today, my boyfriend had to reschedule his vacation, I feel like I am getting cold and I am scared that I will get sick and have to reschedule again. I met my insurance deductible and I need to have this surgery before end of the year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Hysterectomy moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mila333 View Post
Thank you I guess I will have more time for Christmas Shopping now, but I am still upset about cancelation. The another good thing about moving my surgery to next week is that my period is going to be over and I don't have to worry about that.
The frustrating things are that I had to talk to my boss today, my boyfriend had to reschedule his vacation, I feel like I am getting cold and I am scared that I will get sick and have to reschedule again. I met my insurance deductible and I need to have this surgery before end of the year.
So to put on our rose colored glasses... Had u gotten this cold and had surgery you may have had complications. Get vitamins, antibiotics and some b12 and go in on the recovery side. As long as its by year end u are solid. Say minimum 3-4 days in case of hospital stay. I believe everything happens for a reason. My delay has allowed me to relax and let go. I'd have pushed myself to return too soon trying to wedge it in my vacation time. Now I have have the freedom to prepare and to recover without deadlines. Good luck to you. A positive attitude makes all the difference and is felt by everyone. The doctors and nurses go in with a positive attitude if u do. Anxiety is contagious and not good for you. ))
Unread 12-01-2014, 08:23 PM

So sorry Mila333! What an inconsiderate reason for a delay!

My surgery was supposed to be tomorrow also, but it got changed to the 19th. At my pre-op appt, the surgeon decided that his method, LAVH, wasn't the best option for me and that I should have TLH with a different surgeon instead. At first I was upset, but after a few days I realized that it works out a little better for me to have it closer to Christmas. I would not want it to be any later because, like you, I've met my deductible for the year.

So maybe it wasn't meant to be tomorrow - take care of your cold and get better :-)
Unread 12-02-2014, 06:56 AM

I am counting days now

I am scared of unknown though...thinking am I making the right decision.... I am 38, but I feel like I am 88 sometimes. I hope it gets better after hysterectomy, I hope I get my energy back, lose this extra weight that is killing me I gained 40 pounds since the Essure was implanted in me 6 years ago and hopefully by removing this toxic out of my body, I will get my life back. Or is it too late?
I am upset with myself because I don't have discipline and strong will to start changing my life. I am so determined in everything else, my work, my kids, my house, I am keeping up with everything and I am good at, but when it comes to taking care of myself and making changes to improve my life, I am weak.

Sorry, I felt like venting this morning

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register