Good things to say about Kaiser | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good things to say about Kaiser Good things to say about Kaiser

Unread 10-26-2000, 02:13 PM
Good things to say about Kaiser

I am having a TAH on 11/3 and am comfortable with the Doctor at this point. All I have heard about recently is bad things about Kaiser's doctors/surgeons and not caring about their patients. I am so sick of hearing this negativity. People I am friends with or even acquaintences say good luck. Hope you come out okay. I have had to be aggressive with this provider but end result I get what I need or want. What's up with this. Anyone have a good experience with this provider??? I am getting kind of scared in general and I don't need this kind of bad vibs.

Buddy's Hockey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2000, 10:05 PM
Good things to say about Kaiser

Dear Clar:

I used Kaiser for the preg/birth of my DD 12 yrs ago, and they took excellent care of me... didn't rush into a c-section when the labor got tough, let me stay an extra nite on my request (I had to have D&C post-birth), and sent the suntan bed & a nurse to my home when my baby was jaundiced.

When I was researching my hyst, I asked for referral (3rd opinion) and got sent to a uro-gynecologist specializing in pelvic reconstruction. He was the doc who did my surgery. Again, a nurse was sent to my home for post-surgery check. I was able to get a private room at no extra charge when the doc put me on a surgical floor (all private rooms). I never saw a bill for any of my surgery or post-op care.

I am happy with Kaiser... the idea of NO paperwork, and no 80/20 payments is fine by me.
Unread 10-27-2000, 10:39 PM
Kaiser is fine!!!

Hi, I had Kaiser for many years, and my mother still does. My only qualms were administrative, not medical (delays in getting appts., etc.) BOTH my kids were born at Kaiser (1985 and 1988) and I had complicated pregnancies, toxemia, induced labors, etc. When my daughter was born in '85 I was in the hospital one week BEFORE I gave birth, that's how complex it was. I had excellent care and my nurses were fantastic. I truly believe that if I'd been in a different hospital, I'd have wound up with C-sections both times instead of natural childbirth. No drugs both times.

I did not have Kaiser for my TVH last month but that's due to my insurance changes at work since I divorced. I had good care under Blue Cross California Care (CA Pacific Hospital, San Francisco) but no better than what I had at Kaiser!

Best wishes to you. Most of the Kaiser naysayers are NOT Kaiser members, incidentally!

GraceB
TVH 9/20/00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2000, 07:51 AM
Kaiser has been great!

I have Kaiser and they have been wonderful to work with. No hesitations for the special tests I have required. They suggested I see the urologist and I they are going to fix my bladder while they are in there. I had one VERY bad experience with the first GYN I saw, I complained and they changed doctors and the GYN I have now is super!
I have been give direct numbers to doctors and yesterday one of them answered the phone, I almost fell out of my chair. I find that I have to stay on top of them or I probably would not get appointments when I need them, but with a little effort, they are responsive.
I think we are going to be just fine with Kaiser!
My TVH is scheduled 12/12.
I have you in my prayers.
Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register