anyone else feel this way? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone else feel this way? anyone else feel this way?

Unread 09-05-2004, 03:46 PM
anyone else feel this way?

Hi I am new, scheduled for surgery on 9/20, I have this incredible urge to get my life in order, and get everything organized. is that normal? also alot of anxiety about what to expect afterward, how long to be laid up, etc. thanks for all the great letters, it helps, Heidi (poppinsfan) as in Mary Poppins that wonderful woman that is always in a good mood and never has a bad day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2004, 03:59 PM

Hi Heidi,
I'm having surgery (an SAH) on 9/20 as well, and I have been making lists and organizing my life like a mad woman. It's driving my DH crazy!! The anxiety you are feeling is completely normal. Just when I think I'm feeling calm and settled about facing surgery, a new anxiety will pop up and I'll get freaked out again for a little while. Luckily, I have supportive people around me (and I hope that you do too) and have found the support here at Hyster Sisters invaluable. Any questions you have are probably answered somewhere in the posts here, I promise. Wherever the anxiety pops up for you and you need to vent, post here and we all will be here for you. Take care of yourself and keep us updated on how you are doing.

Cheers,
Angela
Unread 09-05-2004, 04:13 PM

I know exactly what your going through. My TAH is scheduled for Sept. 10 and for the last 3 weeks (when I found out) I have been cleaning up a storm, and reorganizing everything. Physically I'm not really up to it because of the pain and tiredness, but I feel like I'm just compelled to do it. Its almost like I have no control over it. I think that because I know I'll be out of commission for awhile it may not get to me as much if I know everything is super clean before I'm down. I'm finding out though with an 18, 16, 6, and 41 year old man(who can sometime run a close 2nd to the 6 year old) it's an endless feat. Well at least it keeps my mind off the big day.

Zule
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Nesting urge

I'm sure it's totally normal .. I go in on 9/7 and for past 3 weeks I have also been cleaning up a storm... I even painted up marks on one wall ..hahaha... I also had the dreaded discussion with the DH that if things don't turn out well..what my wishes would be. He didn't want tohear it ..but I got it out ! I think as women we just don't feel comfortable unless things are tip top.

hang in there.. all will go smoothly
Unread 09-05-2004, 05:32 PM

HI,Ladies!
Your anxiety and desire to get things done is totally normal.
I'll be a 7 wk. Princess tomorrow and went through EVERYTHING you are talking about.......and had only 12 days to do it between the decision and date for surgery........SO, I can only imagine what I would have been like with more time.
Yes, I cleaned,scrubbed, dusted,etc.....Yes, I took care of the living will as well as other "wishes"....talked to family member besides my husband "just in case" (even though no one really wanted to think about it) Why not be responsible for this as well as signing surgical release forms. SO many things will pop in your head as you get closer and yes, the anxiety was a problem for me which I shared with the doctor as well.
My surgery and recovery went well, thank God - with a few bumps and bruises along the way. DH and kids were very supportive (after a talk from the doctor).
The most important thing I can tell you is to take care of yourself - you have one big chance at recovery. Get the "ducks in order" and prepare to become a PRINCESS. Blessings to you!
AMF
Unread 09-05-2004, 05:35 PM

Hi poppinsfan,
I'm new, too and am scheduled for Sept. 13. It was good to read your letter because I have been doing the same things. I'm really feeling under the gun to get everything done before the surgery. I have an extensive herb garden so I'm trying to harvest and preserve everything. Then there's the weeds which are only going to get worse. I do feel much better now hearing from you.

cosmikaren
Unread 09-05-2004, 05:39 PM
The Garden

oooo crap.. I haven't even considered my garden ..hahahahahahaha... too late now !
Unread 09-05-2004, 05:55 PM

Hello Sisters,

Yes, I feel the same way as you all do...to get my house in order. I don't know about the rest of you, and I love my husband dearly, but he is one of those men that gets lost in his own home and knows where nothing is. I'm trying to get as much organized as I can to make things a little easier for him while I'm out of commission. I also have a 23 year old daughter that is mentally challenged, so I know that will also add to his stress level. She doesn't need a lot of special care, but she does love a lot of attention.

Luv & Hugs,

Mich
Unread 09-05-2004, 06:03 PM
I have about 6 weeks to prepare and I'm going nuts thinking about it.

I have so much to do inside and outside! I don't know exactly where to start!! *sigh* Just take it one day at a time.
Unread 09-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Now reading this post I'm going into major panic mode!

I need to make lists! Anyone have any lists made? What are you putting on them?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register