my vagina feels different! (?) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

my vagina feels different! (?) my vagina feels different! (?)

Unread 03-19-2005, 03:26 PM
my vagina feels different! (?)

Hello, sisters! This is my first post although I have been lurking since before my surgery (TAH/BSO 2/8/05.) I am so thankful for this site as it has made my preoperative and post-op experience so much less daunting. Thank you!
At 2 weeks, I was cleared by my gyn/oncologist for any activity I could tolerate except for sex..he said to wait 5 weeks for intercourse. He said he did not need to see me again after the 2 week visit as I was healing well. I had the normal recovery problems (gas pains, abdominal discomfort) but was prepared for them, thanks to this site.
I was looking forward to my DH and I resuming our sex life this weekend but I am a little bit afraid, which I think is normal.
Finally to my question!! I did a little self-exploration in the shower today and my vagina feels normal for approximately one inch but then I feel a hard swelling on the right side of my vagina, which narrows the vaginal passage significantly. It is not painful but alarming as it was not there prior to surgery. I am afraid that sex with my DH will be painful due to this. I know this is an embarrassing question...:-( but has anyone else noticed a distinct difference in the feel of their vagina after TAH?
Thank you so much.
Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2005, 03:48 PM

Hi.

I have had a coil in the past so had had to "check the strings" (or check the thing).

I know what you mean! My vagina feels lumpy to me too. I have my three month check on Tuesday and I am going to ask......

DH has not noticed anything, and no, it did not hurt the first time he "investigated the site". x
Unread 03-19-2005, 03:55 PM

I had my surgery the day after yours and I was told no sex for 6 weeks, my DH can't wait he's been hunching everything in the house ....he's cracking me up sometimes. I have not explored yet though, guess I'm kinda afraid. I wanted to when I took my shower today but I chickened out. I go to the Dr. on Thurs., guess I'll get the go ahead then. DH says he will be ok to wait. When I look down there with the mirror though it looks different so I guess it still must have some swelling, if not I don't know what would cause it look the way it does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2005, 05:34 PM

Thanks, ladies
I am concerned about a possible rectocele. If I bear down when feeling this hardened area, I can feel it move a bit, although it remains painless. I am probably getting myself upset for nothing but my vagina just feels so tight!!! Of course, my DH will probably love it.
Btw, I am 5 and 1/2 weeks post-op and still have, at times. fatigue and abdominal tenderness. My DH and family feel I should be completely recovered but I don't feel like I am. Have any of you still felt out-of-sorts at 5 1/2 weeks out?? I tire easily, have frequent headaches (I was pre-menopausal and have started a combination of triest 2/ prog 50/ test 1..)I started these 10 days ago but still have difficulty sleeping and terrible nightmares. I don't know..what with this growth in my vagina and these physical symptoms, I feel as if I am not recovering as quickly as most of you and my DH is getting aggravated, even though we have no children and are not in need of my returning to work yet. He was great for the first 2 weeks and then he just seemed to get tired of the whole mess. I feel resentful as he had open heart surgery one year ago and was off of work for 5 months and needed constant attention. I suppose I should have put this in the whining and complaining thread
Any suggestions? Thank you!
Unread 03-19-2005, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jo56
Thanks, ladies
I am concerned about a possible rectocele. If I bear down when feeling this hardened area, I can feel it move a bit, although it remains painless. I am probably getting myself upset for nothing but my vagina just feels so tight!!! Of course, my DH will probably love it.
Btw, I am 5 and 1/2 weeks post-op and still have, at times. fatigue and abdominal tenderness. My DH and family feel I should be completely recovered but I don't feel like I am. Have any of you still felt out-of-sorts at 5 1/2 weeks out?? I tire easily, have frequent headaches (I was pre-menopausal and have started a combination of triest 2/ prog 50/ test 1..)I started these 10 days ago but still have difficulty sleeping and terrible nightmares. I don't know..what with this growth in my vagina and these physical symptoms, I feel as if I am not recovering as quickly as most of you and my DH is getting aggravated, even though we have no children and are not in need of my returning to work yet. He was great for the first 2 weeks and then he just seemed to get tired of the whole mess. I feel resentful as he had open heart surgery one year ago and was off of work for 5 months and needed constant attention. I suppose I should have put this in the whining and complaining thread
Any suggestions? Thank you!
I think that men tend to be bigger babies sometimes. My ex had many surgeries (3 the first year) when we were married (all elective) his thinking was if it could be cut open & maybe fixed... do it. He also enjoyed the time off work, because he would get full pay! After a while, it got a bit old, especially when I had young children to care for too as well as him. BUT if I ever got sick, he was almost no help at all... often just left me home with the kids.
Unread 03-20-2005, 04:16 AM

Thank the Lord for this site!! and women who are not afraid to ask.
I had my VH and repair on March 7th and although I feel quite well I am concerned about 'my lumpy vagina'. Now I know this is quite common.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register