Uh! Oh! he wants to try it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uh! Oh! he wants to try it Uh! Oh! he wants to try it

Unread 04-08-2005, 05:44 AM
Uh! Oh! he wants to try it

Hi ladies

DH is frustrated and wants sex, I'm 7 wks out now so it should be ok, although I've not had any checkup yet, thats not due until 25th April. Trouble is I don't feel the least bit inclined to have any sort of sex just yet, not even a sexy thought since op, is there something wrong with me perhaps?

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2005, 07:11 AM

Doris;
Nothing is wrong with you!!!!!!!!! You need to take time to get in the "mood". I think most men are just wired to be sexual. Your Hubby is wanting to be as close as possible to the woman he loves. My Hubby has said that I am like a snowmobile, you have to work on me for an hour to ride for 15 minutes. Hope I did not offend you with this statement. I just wanted to let you know that you are not abnormal, with or without uterus and 1 or both ovaries. Ladies are special!!!
Take Care of yourself!!!!!!
Unread 04-08-2005, 08:35 AM

Hi Carol,

Please, don't do anything unless you have been given the all clear from your dr. If you have, then it is up to you when you feel ready, but you can't assume because you are 7 weeks out that you are healed and ready to resume sex.
You might want to ask your dr about what you could take hormonally to help your libido. There are things you can do to help this and you are certainly not alone in your struggle. Have you read any in the hormone jungle? You might find information there that would be helpful, but the best thing is to ask your dr for what you need specifically. Good luck.

's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2005, 08:45 AM

Your instincts are good, and I can't agree more with what has already been said.

There are two things that need to happen before you and dh resume relations. First, the doctor has to say it's OK. Second, and just important, YOU have to say it's OK.

Until both of those things happen, it's just not time yet!

I got the OK at 6 weeks, but we waited until almost 8 weeks because I just didn't feel well enough, plus dh didn't want to hurt me because the incision was still so open. (My incision went hip-to-hip which is bigger than most, I know.)

I'm not trying to be insensitive here, but if your dh can understand how important this healing is, he should understand why it's important to wait until you are ready to resume your sex life. I'm not saying it won't still be difficult for him, but it shouldn't be impossible!!

to you as you go through this. I hope things get much better soon.
Unread 04-08-2005, 09:04 AM

Hello!!
I am 7 weeks and 3 days, and had my check up on Monday. My doctor told me that I still have to wait 2 more weeks. I agree with preciouspearl and think you shoud wait until you have your check up, or at least call the doctor and have him or her check you first. The reason I can't yet is because of one stitch. When she told me to wait, I was thinking "I have to wait over one little bitty stitch?? Thats the craziest thing I have ever heard."
But you know....that one stitch could probably cause a lot of problems ( I am guessing). That's not a chance I am willing to take.
There is definitely nothing wrong with you. Its just something you need to discuss with your doctor. Trust me when I say you are not alone. I didnt have any desire to have sex until I started taking my hormones. Are you on any hormones?
keisfrm

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register