Hysterectomy after failed Sacrohysteropexy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy after failed Sacrohysteropexy? Hysterectomy after failed Sacrohysteropexy?

Unread 03-31-2015, 11:42 PM
Hysterectomy after failed Sacrohysteropexy?

Hi everyone

I have dealt with a prolapsed uterus for around 4 years now which I developed after my 3rd childbirth. In June 2014 I had the sacro but unfortunately it just didn't work for me so after seeing my surgeon again about it we both feel my only option left now is to have a hysterectomy to remove everything except my ovaries. I also have to have an anterior and posterior wall repair and a sling (I think thats what its called) around my uretha due to everything else prolapsing now as well.

Any of you ladies been thru a sacrohysteropexy for a uterine prolapse but ended up needing a hysterectomy due to it being unsuccessful? Or is there anyone else dealing with a prolapse and doing the same as me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2015, 12:25 AM
Re: Hysterectomy after failed Sacrohysteropexy?

I have not had previous surgery for my prolapses but having everything you mentioned April 13. My uterus is the least prolapsed but I have other issues with heavy bleeding, tilted uterus, pain, etc. we were going to try and see if I required the actual Hysterectomy once in surgery but the decision we came to was to have it done now as it will help with the other issues I'm having and prevent having to go back in a year and have to have surgery again.
Unread 04-01-2015, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debetable70 View Post
I have not had previous surgery for my prolapses but having everything you mentioned April 13. My uterus is the least prolapsed but I have other issues with heavy bleeding, tilted uterus, pain, etc. we were going to try and see if I required the actual Hysterectomy once in surgery but the decision we came to was to have it done now as it will help with the other issues I'm having and prevent having to go back in a year and have to have surgery again.
I agree there, definitely better than having to go back and have another lot of surgery, I wish I had of opted for the hysterectomy in the first place so I wasn't having to have more surgery but who could have known really!

I also have heavy periods but I'm currently taking contraceptives to control that but il be glad to be rid of the pain and pressure down there and bladder problems... OVER IT!

Im a little nervous about having all the extra stuff too tho,, seems like alot to recover from! How are you feeling about it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Re: Hysterectomy after failed Sacrohysteropexy?

I'm freaked out to be honest. I go back and forth every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Am I making a mistake? Will I end up worse? Do I have the best surgeon? Will I be like new after all this? How much pain will I have having all these surgeries combined into one? How functional will I be after? The list goes on but I'm sure most of us do this. Having the hysterectomy has been the most emotional aspect. The rest is more concern and worry. There's no good time in my world so just getting it done now. I have so many struggles now that I really can't wait any longer.

I stay busy prepping and gutting my home. My mom died 2.5 yrs ago and I still haven't been able to go through the things I still have here from her home. I started to go through some yesterday again. Just seeing her hand writing, her notes she made the day she fell and broke her hip ( which she died of complications) brought me to tears. I wish she was here to talk to. It will be 3 yrs in July so creeping up. Just adds to all my emotion. My dad just had a stroke a few weeks ago so worry I'm going to lose him now. Everything just seems to cause me to be hypersensitive and I think it's my emotional state over this surgery that I wish I could just skip and forget about.

I have 2 younger boys and just rearranging life and living in limbo is tough. Keep thinking I should be in recovery now, not anguishing all over again. Sorry probably too much of an answer eh? Lol. Verbal diarrhea........I could go on but I'll spare you. :-). How are you feeling? What are you doing to cope?
Unread 04-01-2015, 03:41 PM

Haha it was a great answer, quite reassuring to hear someone else with all similar thoughts and feelings to me. I'm so sorry to hear all you have been thru with your family, I can definitely see how having a hysterectomy will be having an impact on your emotion state, it is alot to deal with and it does feel like we are the only ones dealing with it as our partners really could never understand! Im glad you opened up to me x

I am so nervous and anxious and I don't even have a date for my surgery yet! I am very worried about how I will be after more than anything, im worried I will regret it and be worse off, im worried for my family, I have 4 children (2 girls that are 11&8 and 2 boys that are 4&2) and even tho they all coped fine after my surgery last year it was no where near as major as this one will be. My partner is extremely helpful and supportive but it can be very stressful dealing with all 4 of them on your own and that plays on my mind so much :-(

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register