AM I crazy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-31-2007, 04:25 PM
AM I crazy?

Tell me someone else felt sudden "side effects" your fibroids only after you were told about them? Before the doc told me I have this huge melon uterus, I had no side effects. None that I noticed. Now, sinse I was told 3 weeks ago, ever sinse, I have been feeling little shooting pains in my abdomin here and there, dull achy pain, pressure, all sorts of wierd things that I never noticed before. Is it all in my head? Is it that I am focusing on it now and I can suddenly feel this stuff? Its crazy to think that these things are suddenly appearing and the only difference between now and last month is that I know about it.
Did anyone else go thru this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 05:11 PM
AM I crazy?

Not sure about your situation "side effects". I know since I had a biopsy on Aug 3rd the cramping I had before has increase in intensity since then.

Another son to be TAH just 3 days before you on the 17th.

Good Luck on yours.
Unread 08-31-2007, 05:26 PM
AM I crazy?

I got confirmation about my fibroids when I had my ultrasound in May, but actually have felt yukky since the beginning of the year. Bleeding, cramping, clots, pressure, fullness and bloating, and lower back ache. Most of it has subsided except low backache, occasional contractions/cramping, and a feeling of pressure. It probably is enhanced now that you actually know about it. All this is normal side effects of fibroids I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 05:39 PM
AM I crazy?

Ok- hm--seems that maybe I am the wierd one. I don't think I am a hypochondriac. Maybe its pure coincidence that my uterus starts giving me aches and pains just after I learn that its humongo. Maybe that would have happened anyway. Or maybe I just never paid attention to aches and pains in that area until now ---now that I know it SHOULD be causing aches and pains. Go figure!
Unread 09-01-2007, 12:56 AM
AM I crazy?

maybe now that you are aware of the fibroid, you are just paying more attention to yourself, and your symptoms.
Good luck with your surgery!
wooshmoosh
Unread 09-01-2007, 06:20 AM
AM I crazy?

Like Wooshmoosh said, I also think you're paying more attention to your body.

When I found out I had a big uterus and fibroid I started reading about them and what they can cause and I thought Oh, that's what's going on. Since then I can also feel the fibroid.

I was ignoring the symptoms 'cause I just thought it was because I was getting older, I'm not getting enough exercise, not eating properly, etc. etc.. blaming other things, because I didn't realize I had a big uterus or fibroids.
Unread 09-01-2007, 06:49 AM
AM I crazy?

Oh and another thing....

I am pretty flat -bellied (with a little xtra skin from pregnancies)---I never took the time to push hard on my abdomin. But After she told me about the uterus/fibroids, I swear, every morning when I am in bed on my back, I push down on my abdomin and OMG- its like this big, lumpy ball, one side has this husge bump bigger than the other side- and its really HARD. I can feel the parimeters basically from my belly button to where my overies should be (and I assume they are still in there somewhere, probably getting crushed).
Does everyone elses feel this way too???
Unread 09-01-2007, 12:47 PM
AM I crazy?

I can't really feel my fibroids, but my uterus is full and hard feeling. I lost about 40 pounds last year, then this year it seemed like I was slowly gaining some weight back, especially in my belly area. I couldn't figure out what was going on, as my belly got bigger and bigger. I couldn't fit into pants that I had just been wearing six months previous. I have a lot of belly flab to get rid of still, but this feeling is different. It is like a hard knot contraction, like Braxton Hicks constractions when I was pregnant, just kinds all the time. Also, a feeling of fullness and pressure. I think everything gets moved around and put pressure on as the fibroids grow. You are not going crazy! I agree with the other women, I believe the more we read and research, the more the symptoms become exaggerated. Hope this helps.
Unread 09-01-2007, 01:57 PM
AM I crazy?

I have a similar experience. I really had no knowledge of my enlarged uterus (22-24 cm) until I went in for my yearly exam late July. But now, I can really feel the different fibroids and the way my pelvic feels so full. No one else can tell that my uterus is looks 4-5 months pregnant but I agree that the more I focus on it the more I tend to feel. My doctor is pushing for a VAH (is that the initials for a vaginal hysterectomy?) but I am getting a 2nd opinion first as there seems to be alot of information for me to wade through first. I love this site, it is so comforting to be able to read about others' experiences and choices.
Unread 09-02-2007, 10:23 PM
AM I crazy?

Just keep on researching and chatting with the sisters here. I have said this before on another forum, the wealth of information here at this site has been so valuable to me. I am very blessed to have been directed here to air my concerns, fears and even dumb questions, and know there are others who understand and don't think I am crazy. Blessings and prayers as you make your decision hals.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register