Still spotting and pain TLH 12/20/07 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still spotting and pain  TLH 12/20/07 Still spotting and pain TLH 12/20/07

Unread 01-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Still spotting and pain TLH 12/20/07

Can anyone tell me if I should be concerned... or I guess..if I should stop freaking out. It's been 4 weeks since surgery. I had spotting for 2 days after surgery, then nothing until about a week ago. NOW it is a light pink color..and it's there everytime I go to the bathroom. I also still have some pain. Don't get me wrong, the pain is NOTHING compared to what it was. I do feel so much better, but I'm convincing myself the pain is in my right ovary. The spotting is concerning me. I've called my doctor's office and the nurse says it's normal. Really? I guess I'm confused as to what could be bleeding after all this time... the stitches dissolving, or vaginal cuff healing.. but.. everyday for over a week?
(I have still been taking it easy, no lifting, no running sweeper, etc)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 09:36 AM

On 12/18 I had my surgery, I had a TLH also, I have had a little spotting and then I have not had any for a while. Yesterday had spotting again. Sigh.......I am in my 5 week now, so I was wondering the same thing. Is this normal? I do have pain also, but as you said not as bad as before. I hope this is normal, just unsure. Anyone knows? Thanks.........
Unread 01-22-2008, 10:35 AM

You gals should check out the thread for the hysterectomy surgery dates during the week of Dec. 17th. Many of us who had surgery this same week still check in and report progress.

I had mine on 12/19 and am still experiencing the same spotting and pain as you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 01:05 PM

Thanks, I have checked that out but did not see that. So I will check again........
Unread 01-22-2008, 05:05 PM

Hi Leefpeeper
I would have to agree with the nurse and say I think it sounds pretty normal. Four weeks is still relatively early on in this recovery for most women. There are internal incisions that just take a long time to heal completely. An average recovery time is considered six to eight weeks and if you have any complications or other work done that can be longer.

Everyone is different in how they heal and in their exact surgery, but some light bleeding on and off throughout recovery is considered normal. Some women have quite a bit of bleeding the entire time and others have none. Most will experience episodes like you're having now of very light spotting. It often happens when the stitches dissolve or when we over do with our activities.

I started out with bleeding the first few days, then it stopped and at two weeks it began again and I had varying degrees and colors of discharge until about the 7th week. If you feel unwell or have a lot of new pain along with bleeding you should call your dr and let s/he know what's happening.

Take a look at how much you're trying to do and see if that isn't a cause of at least some of your pain. Listen to your body and try not to push past the limits it will set for you. You're still healing and need to be careful still. You might also want to read through the Checkpoints
to see what to expect for each stage of your recovery. I think it helps a lot to know what is average as you progress toward being completely healed. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Keep us posted on your progress.
's, Rita
Unread 01-22-2008, 08:15 PM

Thanks............

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register