6 days and counting...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days and counting...... 6 days and counting......

Unread 08-21-2001, 11:08 AM
6 days and counting......

Hi All!

I'm scheduled for a TAH/BSO on August 27th (along with quite a few others I see!) for Adeno, endo and cystic ovary. Thank God this will be it! It got so I hated to see my gyny, every year for the last 2 years I ended up having laparoscopic surgery to drain cysts, a D&C, last year I was in surgery for 2 hours while she removed adhesions and scar tissue in an attempt to straighten me out. Obviously it was a short-term remedy, as I found out my uterus is the size of a 4 month pregnancy! So this time I decided it was time to get rid of the durn thing. I wanted to keep my left ovary and be spared the HRT, but the doc said Nope, it's all going. I'm tired of the 10 day periods, chronic pain and the pressure on my bladder. I'm not really looking forward to the aftermath of the surgery, as I know it's going to be MUCH more painful than the laps were. I've always had a high pain tolerance level, I had 3 children by natural childbirth, but I've found that my pain tolerance is lessening as I get older and surgical pain REALLY sucks! My new hubby (we've only been married 2 years) is being surprisingly supportive, usually he's off in his own little world, so I'm grateful for that! He's taking some time off so he can help me when I come home from the hospital. Maybe that threat I made of letting his butt rot in a nursing home should anything ever happen to him made an impression! (See how evil this wait is making me? LOL!)
I love this website, I have a much better idea of what to expect in the weeks to come!

Thanks, girls!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2001, 11:35 AM
6 days

Hey Christyl,

You are crazy!! I know the wait is tough, bu worth it. I had TVH back in May and am doing fine. I had four kids and was glad to have things straped up, tightened up and taken out. I'm a 42 year old VIRGIN!!

You will make it through this. And sound like you DH will be there to make sure. My kids (22,17,15 & 13) and DH did fine. They didn't starve or have to wear dirty clothes. Just rest and relax. I know that's hard for us Mothers, but you'll have to after the surgery. I felt out of it the first few weeks, but came back to work 2 weeks after for one day a week. I usually work 5/6 hours. That helped get me moving.

Take care and let us know how things go! Keep up that humor, that'll help more than anything........

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register