two more days!!! and still getting runaround | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

two more days!!! and still getting runaround two more days!!! and still getting runaround

Unread 08-28-2001, 08:41 AM
two more days!!! and still getting runaround

Hi girls!!

well, I just came from my lab work and pre-registration at the hospital...Some of you are aware of the questions I had regarding a pre-op appt and not having one with the surgen.

I FOUGHT for a pre-op.. this had all happened so fast for me.( found out on the 4th of Aug I would be having Hyst) Surgery is this thurs. After coming here and reading and reading I found I had lots of questions for my doc about the long term affects and lots of other questions. some silly some not....

I had asked his office If I would need a pre-op and they had said what for...then I called my primary docs office and they said If I would feel more comfortable they would make the appt. I got to her office and she said she couldn't answer any of my questions see the surgen...lol.... talk a bout a runnaround!!! I called my surgens office yesterday and even his personal secretary kept tring to fob me off... she tried to answer my questions and even had the nerve to tell me " well can't you wait till you see him in surgery:?".... What two hours before surgery I'm supposed to decide if I want to keep my cervix or not.... I don't think so.. so I finally got an appt with my surgen for Wed at 12:30.

Now at the lab they tell me they are going to take EVERYTHING based on how it is written by the doc...I told her that isn't what I was told....she wouldn't let me sign the consent form and made me take it with me. So hopefully I can get the surgen to clarify for the hospital what he is doing... I am so tired of this
I feel like I am handleing my surgery on my own....tired of people telling me I'll be fine in two weeks to!!!!

thanks for listening all..

Dawn
Dtoolgrl@yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2001, 10:49 AM
two more days!!! and still getting runaround

{{{Dawn}}} So sorry you're having such a hard time of it

FWIW: I never really had a pre-op with my surgeon. I've known him since 1993, when I had a miscarriage and I feel quite comfortable with him. Since we'd been discussing the possibility of a hyst for 2 years, he had already given me a lot of information and answered even more questions as we scheduled the hyst. The pre-op was with the pre-op nurse and she also answered a lot of my questions. Whatever remained was either answered here or the day of the surgery.

Wishing you the best of luck and keeping my fingers crossed that you're finally getting the answers you're looking for.

Unread 08-28-2001, 11:20 AM
Medical community

Dawn: Sorry that you're having so much trouble communicating with everyone. But it sounds like you're doing a good job of sticking up for yourself. Keep it up!

I had the same problem at first too -- my surgery consent form had TAH on it when my doctor (and surgeon) told me I was getting a supra-cervical! I called the office and insisted they change it. Apparently, sometimes in the OR, for various reasons, an intended supra-cervical has to become a TAH due to complications and unforeseen problems. But I wanted it IN WRITING that plan "A" was for supra-cervical.

Just keep asking questions and being assertive. It's your body!!!

Hang in there. I'll see you on the post-op boards!

- Julie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register