Scheduled dVH/RALH Husband has to go out of town for a week 4 days after hysterectomy...postpone? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Husband has to go out of town for a week 4 days after hysterectomy...postpone? Husband has to go out of town for a week 4 days after hysterectomy...postpone?

Unread 10-22-2014, 07:44 PM
Re: Husband has to go out of town for a week 4 days after hysterectomy...postpone?

I"d keep it, I have 4 children and my DH went back to work the day after I got out of the hospita (3 days PO). my MIL did have the oldest 2 a few times but otherwise it was just me. I just made sure I took it easy making them meals and made dh do the nighttime, bath routine and laid on the couch or had the kids in my room playing games, reading, doing art on my bed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Re: Husband has to go out of town for a week 4 days after hysterectomy...postpone?

I had a TAH and I was able to pretty much do everything for myself by day 4, however I did have help with getting my 6 year old to bed each night (I had a restriction on the number of times I could climb the stairs a day). My 10 year was fine and it was just a matter of getting her fed and rides to practices. I think your biggest challenge will be the little one. If your sister and mother can help with the 2 year old I would go for it.
Unread 10-22-2014, 10:06 PM

I had surgery friday, hubby went back to work monday. But, my dtr who was 7 at the time went to school, her dad teaches at the same school, and ahe just stayed with him. I was alone until at least 6. Several things worked in my favor. The school is less than a mile from home, and hubby could come in a matterof minutes. Its also a boarding school, 3 hot home cooked meals a day, and if i liked the food he brought me some (sometimes at mealtime, others as leftovers), and my dtr wanted to help mommy a ton! Irested better alone. If you think your parents or friends could help with 2 yr old, and things like i mentioned, you may be just fine with the rest. It really is unpredictable. I could make myself a sandwich and take a shower, though hubby wanted me to shower when he was home for several days (better safe than sorry!) But by wed if i behaved and took my time i was good by myself. Its a tough call only you can make. I wish you well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2014, 07:28 AM

Got some good news - DH only has to be away for 3 days now! With my mom and my sister helping out I think it will be totally manageable. I'm ready to get'er done! 😄
Unread 10-23-2014, 08:42 AM

I had to go back to childcare on Day 5, with no help. I have two kids, 5 and 8. If we had been able to hang at home, it would have been fine, but what was very tiring was needing to take the 8 year old to a soccer tournament, even though I spent it sitting, the walk to and from the car wiped me out, dropping off and picking up from school, etc. I wished I had rescheduled mine for when my husband would have been home a few more days. BUT if you have help there and don't have to do a lot of running around and I see your hubby will only be gone 3 days now....go for it!
Unread 10-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Husband has to go out of town for a week 4 days after hysterectomy...postpone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaJLS View Post
I had to go back to childcare on Day 5, with no help. I have two kids, 5 and 8. If we had been able to hang at home, it would have been fine, but what was very tiring was needing to take the 8 year old to a soccer tournament, even though I spent it sitting, the walk to and from the car wiped me out, dropping off and picking up from school, etc. I wished I had rescheduled mine for when my husband would have been home a few more days. BUT if you have help there and don't have to do a lot of running around and I see your hubby will only be gone 3 days now....go for it!
Yeah, I don't plan on going anywhere! My 9 year old will be home from school as well Monday and Tuesday for teacher workdays, so he can help out and I don't have to worry about getting him to and from the bus stop. My 2 year old is going through a "mama hold me!" stage so that will be a challenge. But we'll get through it. 😊

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register