Upcoming hysterectomy 4/13: Camping but laying low?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 4/13: Camping but laying low?? Upcoming hysterectomy 4/13: Camping but laying low??

Unread 03-17-2015, 08:22 AM
Re: Camping but laying low??

I am in a similar situation only it is my son's graduation from High School it will be an hour drive to the hall and the ceremony is expected to last around 3 to 4 hours plus the dinner afterwards. I am scheduled for tvh on May 11 my son's grad is May 22 i am worried about making the trip but he will only graduate from High School once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2015, 09:01 AM

I have a son who is on the Autism Spectrum and I know its not that simple to just put yourself first . Its very important to let yourself heal completely . However having a child with special needs is a very trying thing . Simplest things can cause a huge meltdown episode and cause severe trauma that will set back the child . I would talk to your Dr about the situation . Start preparing your son now for what may happen . Good luck
Unread 03-17-2015, 07:49 PM

I had a LAVH in December. Honestly, I could not have done it. I know that is disappointing, and as a mom you want and need to be there. But just from my experience, I don't think I could have done it. I had my daughter and son a dentist appointment planned 2 and a half weeks after my surgery, thinking surely I would be able to drive them 30 minutes there, sit in the waiting room, and then drive 30 minutes home. When the day arrived, I ended up calling my mom and getting her to take them. I had a little setback around week 2-3 with my pain and just couldn't do it. You might want to wait until after your surgery and make your decision if that's at all possible. But just in all honesty in my opinion...unfortunately, it would have to be a "no" from me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2015, 08:48 PM

Mrsduck I think your son's graduation sounds much more challenging then my situation. I can lay down and rest etc. you won't really have that option. You can sit but that's a lot of sitting. Not sure if you are having repairs also or not. Maybe more tolerable if you're not but I'm new to this so not so sure. I think I can decide last minute. The campground is not officially open when we go so the sites are available. Our Scouts Area is sectioned off as well. I'll ask tomorrow night as I'll be at a training/ recognition dinner. My son will be ok if we don't go but I'm trying to get him adjusted to being at events and especially on his own. I hate to lose an opportunity. I'll see how I'm doing. I don't want to risk anything.
Unread 04-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 4/13: Camping but laying low??

No I wont be having any repairs. My doctor want to get in remove my uterus, cervix and tubes and get out. He said it I need anything else that would be a separate surgery.
Unread 04-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 4/13: Camping but laying low??

That sucks if you have to go back for more surgery. I'm nervous but glad it's all being done as one surgery. Hopefully you don't require anything further.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register