I survived! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-10-2007, 12:15 PM
I survived!

Well, I got to come yesterday and luckily I made it! I won't go into too many details on here so I can save it for my hyser story, but I wanted to come on today to thank everyone for all the great support! Everyone was right, the waiting REALLY IS the hardest part. My only regret about the whole thing is that I had gained so much weight after my wedding ring went on 12 years ago which resulted in them having to cut my wedding band off. I was crying before I even went in for surgery. When I woke up I over heard the OR nuse telling my floor nurse that they had done something on the right. I knew at that moment that my right ovary had been taken out as well. Sure enough when my DH and mom came to tell me all the details about my surgery, my thoughts were confirmed.

The whole thing went well though and for the past few hous my pain has been pretty controlable. I did have to break out some of my DH Tylox he had for his back because the Vicodin just wasn't touching the pain. Today the worst part is trying to pass gas. The doctor said my rectocele was so bad that the rectum had come complete disconnected from everything and was in bad shape, so the gas is scaring me some.

My shoulder is getting a little sore from trying to type lying down on the cough with the laptop on the coffee table. LOL I'll post my whole hospital story as soon as I can sit upright a little better.

Good luck to all you remaining LIW! It really isn't nearly as bad as you probably think it will be. It sure wasn't as bad as I had pictured in my head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2007, 12:46 PM
I survived!

Welcome home! Now rest, walk when you can and drink plenty of fluids. You're going to be just fine!!!!!
Unread 03-10-2007, 01:26 PM
I survived!

I agree about the waiting being just awful. It is sure a relief when it is done! The best part for me was being able to ome here and read everyones stories and advice. It helps to know we are really not alone and have our sister-pals to talk to whenever needed.
Speedy healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2007, 03:26 PM
I survived!

Hi,
just wanted to welcome you home to the other side!
please take care of yourself!
Unread 03-10-2007, 04:22 PM
I survived!

I am so glad you are doing good!
Unread 03-10-2007, 06:20 PM
I survived!

theragen....hey girl.... gald to know that another 31yr old sister has made it through and is now on the other side. do all you are supposed to do and none of what you are not supposed to do :-)
Blessings and a speedy recovery to you. i'll be joining you in a couple days on the other side! See ya soon!
Unread 03-10-2007, 06:37 PM
I survived!

Thank you, Thergen: Your words are very comforting! I am scheduled for the 21st. And as the time comes closer, I get more apprehensive.

Here's to a speedy recovery --

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register